Engineering – Data/AI/ML /
Yassir is the leading super App in the Maghreb region set to changing the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 45 cities across Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia with recent expansions into France, Canada and Sub-Saharan Africa. It is backed (~$200M in funding) by VCs from Silicon Valley, Europe and other parts of the world.
We offer on-demand services such as ride-hailing and last-mile delivery. Building on this infrastructure, we are now introducing financial services to help our users pay, save and borrow digitally.
Helping usher the continent into a digital economy era. We’re not just about serving people - we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Data Engineer at Yassir, with a thorough understanding of cloud technologies. You will help deploy Big Data solutions, build and manage data and model pipelines, ETL processes, and deploy machine learning models in a production, secure and scalable manner. The senior data engineer should be a data specialist with strong experience in the deployment and automation of data warehousing, data and model pipelines, data cleansing, monitoring data processing systems, and dealing with large and various sets of structured and unstructured data. You possess excellent communication skills along with the perseverance to solve problems that may not have obvious solutions. You may need to "Think out of the box" or "hack around" a problem to solve it. We like that!
- Design and build data and model pipelines in Google Cloud Platform, AWS or similar.
- Manage and automate ETL, ML model pipelines and cloud deployment implementations.
- Design and implement Data Warehousing solutions with their corresponding Data Governance processes.
- Design, implement, test CI/CD pipelines for the various data products to be productised.
- Design for data security and compliance.
- Manage, provision and orchestrate necessary cloud solution infrastructure.
- Be in charge of the MLOps lifecycle: research, design, experimentation, development, deployment, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Liaise with stakeholders to analyze business problems, clarify requirements and define the scope of the resolution needed.
- 5+ years experience using SQL and BigQuery or a SQL-based tool.
- Demonstrable deep knowledge and experience in cloud migration, cloud architecture, and data engineering.
- Production-level Python, SQL & NoSQL, CloudOps (GCP, AWS or Azure ecosystems), Git, CI/CD (Github Actions or CircleCI), MLflow.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with cloud orchestration tooling, infrastructure-as-a-code (Terraform, CloudFormation or similar).
- 2+ years of hands-on experience building scalable ETL pipelines (Apache Beam, Airflow, Cloud Composer, Cloud Functions, Pub/Sub).
- Broad knowledge of one of the major cloud vendors.
- Strong problem-solving or analytics experience.
- Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- Advanced English communication skills.
About your experience
- A set of certifications in GCP: Cloud Architect, Data Engineer, Cloud Engineer, ML Engineer (or similar in another cloud vendor).
- Hands-on experience in MLOps, ML model deployment, governance, and workflow optimization.
- Hands-on experience in one or various: LightGBM/XGBoost/Sklearn, Numpy/SciPy, Keras/PyTorch/Tabnet, Rust/C++, TensorFlow/Caffe/MXNet, CUDA/Ray, Node.js, REST/GraphQL, Neo4J, Grafana/Datadog, Kafka/Spark/Presto.
- Knowledge of/exposure to Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of/exposure to Adobe Marketing Cloud or Adobe Analytics.
- Great compensation and bonuses including stock options.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment or in remote
- Paid company holidays
- Full social coverage
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN YASSIR
- Join one of the fastest-growing tech companies in North Africa
- Have a lasting impact on our company's culture
- Make a real impact on the world by helping us bring affordable financial and on-demand services to millions of Africans
- Work on some really hard technical challenges from identity infrastructure for Africans, digital payment networks to complex mapping and routing systems across the continent.
- We are the first Algerian startup to go through Y Combinator program and we’re backed by top investors including Unpopular Ventures, Rebel Fund and DainTree.VC
At Yassir, we believe in the power of diversity and the importance of an inclusive culture. So, if you're ready to bring your unique perspective and experiences to the table, then we're excited to listen.
Don't just apply for a job, come and be a part of our journey. Let's create a better tomorrow together.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Best of luck,
Your Yassir TA Team