UX Content Writer (f/m/x)
Yassir is the leading super App in the Maghreb region set to changing the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 45 cities across Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia with recent expansions into France, Canada and Sub-Saharan Africa. It is backed (~$200M in funding) by VCs from Silicon Valley, Europe and other parts of the world.
We offer on-demand services such as ride-hailing and last-mile delivery. Building on this infrastructure, we are now introducing financial services to help our users pay, save and borrow digitally.
Helping usher the continent into a digital economy era. We’re not just about serving people - we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are in search of a talented and motivated individual to join our team and start working on all sorts of interesting financial services products.
Our Product and UX Teams in Berlin and Paris are looking for a UX Writer/Technical Writer who can help provide Yassir users with a better understanding and experience when using our applications. Simplifying complex processes for users at different levels – with documentation, best practice videos, and the right texts and terms in the user interface – would be your main tasks, which you develop with initiative and passion.
- You understand and analyze use cases, user pain points, and the different personas who use Yassir applications, in order to:
- Write clear and concise English, French, and Arabic UI texts for new features and modules, working closely with the UX and Product Teams
- Create user documentation in English, French, and Arabic: Online help articles, how-to-guides, and Release Notes
- Create short feature videos and/or scripts for best practice videos
- You make sure that the feature documentation is updated and continually work on improving this process
- You own the Yassir Terminology and Glossaries and make sure that they are used in a consistent way in the UI and documentation
- You proofread the English, French, and Arabic texts written by other colleagues (for example, other technical documents or marketing materials)
- You speak English, French and Arabic at a native or near-native level (C2)
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Content Strategy, English, Journalism, Creative Writing, Human-Centered Design or other area(s) of relevant focus
- 2+ years' experience writing for digital, web and mobile products
- Passionate about languages and detail, motivated and enthusiastic about creating quality content
- Strong understanding of user flows, UX/UI principles and UX best practices
- Creative flexibility, adjusting tone of voice dependent on the audience and messaging
- Experience translating complex concepts and processes into relatable, human terms
- Experience managing the localization of a digital product and implementing global initiatives in local markets
- Previous relevant experience in Mobility and on-demand services, Fintech, and/or a B2C industry is a plus.
- 🚀 Perfect timing with renowned investors to build something great
- 🎯Outstanding mentors who will support you in your growth
- 💸 Attractive compensation package
- 📈 Extremely steep learning curve with own responsibility and intensive support
- 📣 Learn to be pragmatic and make quick and sustainable decisions
- ⏱️ Flexible working hours, because we care about your outcome and not output
- 🤙🏽 Very strong team cohesion with daily and weekly activities
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN YASSIR
- Join one of the fastest-growing tech companies in North Africa
- Have a lasting impact on our company's culture
- Make a real impact on the world by helping us bring affordable financial and on-demand services to millions of Africans
- Work on some really hard technical challenges from identity infrastructure for Africans, digital payment networks to complex mapping and routing systems across the continent.
- We are the first Algerian startup to go through Y Combinator program and we’re backed by top investors including Unpopular Ventures, Rebel Fund and DainTree.VC
At Yassir, we believe in the power of diversity and the importance of an inclusive culture. So, if you're ready to bring your unique perspective and experiences to the table, then we're excited to listen.
Don't just apply for a job, come and be a part of our journey. Let's create a better tomorrow together.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Best of luck,
Your Yassir TA Team