Senior QA Engineer
Engineering – Product Engineering /
Yassir is the leading super App in the Maghreb region set to changing the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 45 cities across Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia with recent expansions into France, Canada and Sub-Saharan Africa. It is backed (~$200M in funding) by VCs from Silicon Valley, Europe and other parts of the world.
We offer on-demand services such as ride-hailing and last-mile delivery. Building on this infrastructure, we are now introducing financial services to help our users pay, save and borrow digitally.
Helping usher the continent into a digital economy era. We’re not just about serving people - we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
About the role
In this role, you will join the Quality Assurance Team at Yassir and run various tests on new software products to ensure that programs satisfy all specifications and requirements. You will be part of a feature team and work closely with our developers and product managers. You will manage test suites and debugging programs to improve the quality of our products.
About your role as QA Engineer
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Execute test cases (manual and automated) and analyze results
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
About your experience
- At least two years of experience as a Quality Assurance Tester or in a similar role
- Proven working experience with Agile project management, QA methodology, and test management software
- Hands-on experience in Git for version control
- Hands-on experience with API Testing frameworks such as Postman
- Hands-on experience with Performance Testing tools such as Artillery
- Hands-on experience with UI Automation with Selenium
- Customer-centric mindset, attention to detail, creative mind, great ability to prioritize, self-start, contribute under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills
- Experience in a rapidly growing company in the mobility, on-demand or fintech space is a plus
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
Why you should join Yassir
- 😎 You will be part of one of the first Algerian startups to go through the Y Combinator program and one of the fastest-growing tech companies in North Africa. We are current in +25 cities (Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Paris, Berlin, and launching West Africa)
- 🤙🏽Have a lasting impact on our company's culture - you'll be one of the first staff in our Europe office
- 🎉 At Yassir we celebrate everything. OKR´s party!
- 🕟 Flexible working hours, because we care about your outcome and not output
- 📱 Mobile office - Office in all our sites 4 weeks at any location
- 🚉 Subsidized public transit pass
- 💬 Languages courses
- 📚 Yassir's academy
- 🚀 Perfect timing with renowned investors to build something great
- 🎯 Outstanding mentors who will assist you in your growth
- 💸 Attractive salary and you even get a stake in the company
- 📈 Extremely steep learning curve with own responsibility and intensive guidance
- 📣 Learn to be pragmatic and make the right and sustainable decisions
- 👌🏽Very strong team cohesion with daily and weekly activities
- 💯 Make a real impact on the world by helping us bring affordable financial and on-demand services to millions of Africans
- 🤝 Buddy program
- ⚖️ As a company, we are passionate for diversity and inclusion, 40% of our team are women leaders in the tech sector
At Yassir, we believe in the power of diversity and the importance of an inclusive culture. So, if you're ready to bring your unique perspective and experiences to the table, then we're excited to listen.
Don't just apply for a job, come and be a part of our journey. Let's create a better tomorrow together.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Best of luck,
Your Yassir TA Team