Operations – Food Delivery /
Yassir is the leading super App for on demand, ride-hailing, last-mile delivery, payment services and more, set to change the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 45 cities across multiple countries. It has raised $150 million in Series B funding, five times what it raised in its previous priced round last November with world class investors such as BOND and Y Combinator, which is the precursor of the likes of Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Doordash, among others.
We’re not just about serving people - we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a dedicated service delivery manager to be responsible for maintaining strong customer relationships and improving our services to maintain customer satisfaction. The service delivery manager may perform technical tasks, such as troubleshooting technical issues, and may perform administrative tasks, such as managing team performance and checking the quality of inventory. The main tasks of a service delivery manager, however, include managing projects, fixing reliability issues, tracking service metrics, managing budgets, and leading the service delivery team.
- Overseeing the front-line operation, understanding, analyzing and driving our complex day-to-day logistics to ensure exceptional service levels. Along the way, you’ll ensure we have enough riders in the fleet, that supply matches demand, and that riders have all the support they need.
- Managing the Rider Ops - you’ll be overseeing a team and leading the charge to ensure operational metrics are hit. This will involve mentoring and developing the team managers and nurturing an environment where the management team can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
- Balancing cost priorities versus service level delivery - constantly manage demand and supply planning to ensure we are able to deliver top service level to customers and restaurants while maintaining a sustainable level of costs to the business.
- Own and explore modes of delivery to enhance the scope of delivery - assess and determine our ability to expand geographic areas, hours of operation, a maximum distance of delivery per order, modes of delivery (e.g. vans or cars), or other innovative new ways to expand our service while maintaining our cost level and ride proposition.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement – e.g. improving the design of delivery zones, reviewing team structure and job responsibilities, optimizing the flow of rider comms (for support and in the rider communities), reviewing efficiency in fleet staffing/fleet payment structure, etc.
- We are looking for someone with at least 3 years+ of operations management or logistics experience, with experience of managing large, multi-cultural teams. You’ll also need to be:
- Inquisitive, curious, and ready to challenge the status quo in a very fast-paced working environment.
- A confident critical-thinker that can jump into different problems and come up with tactical recommendations.
- Driven by impact and want to make a change now – this is about prioritizing correctly, making constant, quick iterations in real-time to improve the business.
- Happy doing some number-crunching – it’s important to be able to quickly identify issues, inefficiencies, and how big these might be. You’ll need strong problem solving and analytical skills with great attention to detail.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, whilst keeping calm and composed at the same time (particularly during a crisis).
- Strong enough with stats and excel to separate the signal from the noise (as a lot of what we do is tested against the real world straight away).
- F&B Experience will be highly appreciated
- Fluency in English is a plus
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment or in remote
- Paid company holidays
- Full social coverage
- Free Delivery and access to special offers
- Meal allowance
- Group insurance
Do you want to become part of our first-class team? You should definitely send us your application. 🚀