Senior Product Designer - UI/UX (Remote/Contract)
Product – Product Design /
If you are an experienced Senior Product Designer with strong UX and research skills, a passion for solving real world problems, and the desire to work at a fast paced, outcome oriented startup, we want to talk to you!
As a Senior Product Designer at Yesware, you will be tasked with owning the entire end-to-end experience design from discovery through delivery and beyond. You'll design new features and improve existing ones to create simple yet powerful user experiences that our users never want to live without. You’ll be able to make a huge impact by solving meaningful problems and creating new experiences and design patterns along the way. We work cross-functionally with just about every team from marketing, to engineering, to sales to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like Yesware across the board.
Yesware’s product process is built on the foundation of empowered teams, where each cross-functional team (Designer, Product Manager, Engineers) has an outcome that it’s aiming to achieve and engages in ongoing discovery and experimentation to achieve that outcome (versus being prescribed a pre-defined solution and executing on it).
The Yesware Design Team, specifically, is a tight knit group that is autonomous yet collaborative. The team strives for high quality designs and seeks to continuously improve their craft. The Design Team has twice weekly critique sessions to stay in sync on in-progress work and provide constructive feedback to one another. For the right candidate, an informal or formal leadership opportunity is available.
This position is a fully remote. 3-6 month contract with opportunity to go full-time.
- 3-5+ years of working in UX/Product Design for desktop or mobile applications. Startup experience is a plus.
- Strong interaction design skills – The ability to think through complex landscapes and systems to create straightforward workflows with a focus on ease-of-use and simplicity.
- Strong visual design skills – A high personal bar for visual design quality and a keen eye for details; the drive to help us push our visual design standards to be constantly improving as our platform grows; the ability and desire to contribute to a holistic design system and help it continuously evolve.
- Experience in conducting user research – You are curious about our core users and their needs and integrate insight from continuous research to inform your design decisions
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people and a constantly changing landscape – A self-directed and collaborative working style; the ability to diplomatically explain what does and doesn't make sense from a user experience standpoint;
- A strong online portfolio, or personal website that showcases your work and most importantly your thinking.
- Leadership/mentoring experience is a plus.
In this role you will:
- Lead design projects from their inception to conceptual stages all the way to clear, well-defined experiences. You are expected to identify pain points, generate ideas quickly, help define requirements, and drive design initiatives that provide measurable value to our customers and business.
- Participate in design critique sessions where you challenge your own assumptions and seek feedback early and often; you strive to produce high quality work and provide constructive, thoughtful feedback to your design colleagues.
- Use storytelling, facilitation, and insights about our customers to create empathy to guide product and engineering teams.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers to explore and validate opportunities, assumptions and solutions to identify what’s worth pursuing and what isn’t, and gain insights into user wants and needs.
- Use customer feedback and product metrics to make data-driven design decisions.
- Create high fidelity designs that align with our brand and design system; collaborate with Engineers and balance user-centered design with technical feasibility.
- Contribute to and expand our design system to ensure a cohesive and holistic product experience.
- Share your knowledge and mentor team members, while also continuously developing your own skill-set and craft.
About the Company:
Yesware is a team of smart, ambitious, kind people working together to empower each other and our customers. We build, market, and sell a one-of-a-kind sales platform that helps salespeople sell smarter, right from their inbox.
We are proud to be venture-backed by investors including the Foundry Group, Battery Ventures, and Google Ventures. Our customers range from young startups of all sizes, to some of the biggest names in business, like Yelp, Acquia, Groupon, Zendesk, and many more. We live out our core values every single day in a mission to serve our customers and to make Yesware the best place we’ve ever worked.
Yesware is committed to developing a culture that embraces diversity and fosters inclusivity. We do this because it makes us stronger as individuals, as a business and it is simply the right thing to do. We know that diversity comes in many forms, so we welcome employees from all walks of life to bring their differing experiences and perspectives to Yesware. Together, we can build an environment where every member of our team can bring their authentic self to work, be heard, and work toward achieving their professional potential.
Read more about us at www.yesware.com/company