Salt Lake City, Utah
Full Time /
Title: Project Manager
Hours: Full Time; Salaried
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Pay: $85,000 - $135,000
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Manager: Head of Stakeholder Engagement
Mission – Why we exist and why we need you
Geothermal energy is the most abundant renewable energy source in the world. There is 2,300 times more energy in geothermal heat in the ground than in oil, gas, coal, and methane combined. However, historically it’s been hard to find and expensive to develop. At Zanskar, we’re using better technology to find and develop new geothermal resources in order to make geothermal a cheap and vital contributor to a carbon-free electrical grid. Zanskar has raised >$15M from top-tier VC firms and is planning for significant growth over the next 12 months.
Zanskar’s team and project portfolio have been rapidly growing. As a Project Manager, you will play a pivotal role in our mission to develop and manage geothermal energy projects. You will lead cross-functional teams, ensuring that projects are executed efficiently and successfully, and have a passion for renewable energy solutions. In this position, the successful candidate will help lead project management activities like project scoping/budgeting for proposals, building schedules, tracking hours/budget/schedule adherence, communication with clients, issues resolution, deliverable submittals and project closeout, while establishing strong relationships with clients, internal teams and management/stakeholders. In addition to leading project management activities, the successful candidate will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with federal contracting and reporting requirements, including navigating regulations, submitting necessary documentation, and maintaining accurate records throughout the project lifecycle when necessary.
Outcomes - Problems you’ll solve
In your first six months, you will play a pivotal role in streamlining project management processes by transitioning existing projects to a more efficient project management system (smartsheet). You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration and adoption of the new system, fostering a cohesive and collaborative work environment. You will assist in leading efforts to manage ongoing projects effectively, using your expertise to enhance project delivery timelines and outcomes. Additionally, within your first two months, you will help to establish a regular reporting cadence for management, providing insightful updates on the health and progress of the project portfolio. This proactive approach will enable informed decision-making, resource allocation, and continuous improvement, ultimately contributing to the overall success and alignment of projects with organizational objectives.
Competencies – What we’re looking for
- Project Management Fluency: Strong understanding of project management methodologies, tools, and techniques. This includes skills in proposal preparation, project planning, scheduling, budgeting, risk management, and resource allocation that you have built over a minimum of five years of experience. Experience managing projects with large scale capital allocation exploration/development activities in renewable energy/mining/construction a plus.
- Cross-functional Team Leadership: The ability to lead, motivate and hold accountable a diverse team that includes technical and non-technical members. You should be able to inspire confidence, provide direction, and foster a positive team culture while helping teams hit milestones.
- Adaptability: Projects often face changes, uncertainties, and unexpected challenges. You should be adaptable, able to adjust plans and strategies to accommodate evolving project requirements and removing roadblocks for teams.
- Stakeholder Communication: Strong interpersonal skills are necessary for managing relationships with clients, stakeholders, and other relevant parties. This includes the ability to understand and meet their expectations.
Location, Salary, and Benefits
- The position is based out of our headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Full-time position
- Paid holidays, and 15 days PTO/sick leave
- Medical and dental coverage
- A direct impact in displacing future carbon emissions
- Growth opportunities in a growing startup environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Zanskar is an equal-opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practice laws.