Product Marketing Manager (Financial Services)
Melbourne (Hybrid) /
Growth – Marketing /
At Zeller, we’re champions for businesses of all sizes, and proud to be a fast-growing Australian scale-up taking on the ambitious goal of reimagining business banking and payments.
We believe in a level playing field, where all businesses benefit from access to smarter payments and financial services solutions that accelerate their cash flow, help them get paid faster, and give them a better understanding of their finances. So we’re hard at work building the tools to make it happen.
Zeller is growing fast, backed by leading VCs, and brings together a global team of passionate payment and tech industry professionals. With an exciting roadmap of innovative new products under development, we are building a high performing team to take on the outdated banking solutions. If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-paced environments, embrace a challenge, hate bureaucracy, and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the status-quo, then read on to learn more.
Zeller is searching for an exceptional, hands-on Product Marketing Manager to drive growth and adoption of Zeller Financial Services. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for bridging the gap between Marketing and Product, identifying and deploying the best way to position, market, x-sell and drive adoption of Zeller financial services solutions to a diverse and growing range of business owners.
Through your deep understanding of Zeller’s merchants, combined with outstanding skills in marketing and analysis, you'll deliver compelling positioning for Zeller products and the wider financial services ecosystem; drive successful, cross-channel product launches that showcase the benefits Zeller Financial Services delivers for our customers; execute creative and data-driven x-sell campaigns and tactics that increase adoption of Zeller’s Accounts and Cards products amongst existing merchants; build resources, content, and campaigns that communicate a benefits-focused narrative; and generate ongoing growth and adoption of Zeller Financial Services.
You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with Product Manager, PR, Design, Sales, Growth Marketing, Partnerships and more to define and deliver the right product messaging, through the optimal channel, at the optimal time, in order to maximise adoption. You’ll then employ a data-driven and highly analytical approach to refining your strategy to deliver constant improvement. This is a very hands-on role, and an exciting opportunity for a skilled Product Marketer who can balance analysis, strategy, and execution across a wide range of projects, channels, and campaigns.
- Ownership of the full product lifecycle, from launch / GTM strategy to adoption, education, x-sell and ongoing optimisation.
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, and benefits messaging across Zeller products to be used in product development, communications, marketing and sales campaigns.
- Achievement of Established and Active merchant product-level KPIs for financial services products (including Zeller Transaction Account, Zeller Debit Card, and Zeller App).
- Build detailed segmentation and cohort analysis to identify targeted opportunities to drive adoption of Zeller Financial Services amongst the right-fit audience.
- In partnership with the Product and Marketing teams, own and lead go-to-market planning and launch marketing for all product releases.
- Partner with channel managers (SEO, Web, Paid Marketing, Content, Social Media, PR, Design) to build acquisition, lifecycle, and x-sell campaigns that drive product adoption, awareness and conversion.
- Regular collaboration with Product Managers to ensure that we are on track to build the right product for Zeller’s customers by generating insights through surveys and focus groups.
- Collaborate with Design teams to develop marketing and campaign assets.
- Track campaign performance and optimise through continuous testing.
- Track product uptake and conversion performance, and deploy campaigns to exceed your adoption targets.
- Review local competitor products and marketing, to identify the optimal product positioning Zeller should be targeting.
- Support cross-functional Growth team initiatives.
Skills and experience:
- 3+ years of experience in a product marketing or go-to-market capacity at a multi-product software / SaaS company.
- Hands-on experience working closely with product management and/or engineering to represent market requirements, and with Marketing Managers to support product launches and ongoing optimisation.
- Ability to craft compelling value propositions, positioning and product messaging strategies.
- An excellent collaborator, influencer, and cross-functional working style.
- Substantial project and time management skills.
- Experience and comfort working individually, and as a part of a team
- Agile, ambitious, and motivated to be the best at everything you do.
- A commercial mindset that can assess the conversion, ROI, and payback of product x-sell campaigns, promotions and incentives.
- Tertiary education, or a track record of relevant experience that proves it wasn’t needed.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in the fintech, finance or banking industry.
- Previous experience working with a B2B product or service.
Like the rest of the team, you’ll benefit from:
A competitive salary package, including equity from an early stage;
A balanced, progressive, and supportive work environment;
Excellent parental leave and other leave entitlements;
A fantastic office environment;
Endless learning and development opportunities;
Plenty of fun and social opportunities - we love to come together as a team;
An ability to influence and shape the future of Zeller as our company scales both domestically and globally;
Being part of one of Australia’s most exciting scale-ups.