Senior Technical Consultant
UK – Digital Practice /
Employee Full Time
You will join Zenitech’s growing technical management team within our UK Digital Practice - our first line Digital Consultancy, a store window to our world class Technology delivery centres. We are actively expanding Zenitech's UK presence to meet the needs of our current and future clients on their Digital Transformation journeys.
You will work in partnership with our customers, advising them on how to implement the best technical solutions in order to meet their business objectives. You will provide strategic guidance to clients around technology and cloud based platforms. Combining your strategy with Zenitech’s world leading technical capability, you will enable major global businesses to flourish.
You may be called upon to participate in other processes as well, such as selection and procurement, writing proposals and bids. This role is a lot about relationships - sometimes sales, often creative and always technical. We are Engineers at heart.
As a Digital Consultant you'll need to:
- Meet with customers to shape opportunities and roadmaps. Communicate the art of the possible.
- Understand a client’s business. Sit alongside your client to shape opportunities and resolve their challenges. Be a partner.
- Liaise with staff at all levels of a client organisation, from Engineers to Executives.
- Define software, product, data and network requirements.
- Analyse Cloud platform requirements and give independent and objective advice for its use.
- Work with Architects, designers and developers to shape solutions for your clients.
- Present solutions in compelling written documentation and confident presentations.
- Be involved in commercial sales and support, and where appropriate, maintain contact with client organisations.
- Identify potential clients and build and maintain contacts.
Technical Consulting experience:
- Experience in a customer focussed role as Technical Consultant, Product Manager, Senior Product Owner or Senior Business Analyst.
- Experience in technical & product management; identifying problems and offering solutions.
- Champion the very best technical, architectural and product practices.
- Partner with Senior Sales, Senior Product Leaders, UX visionaries & members of the Digital Practice to distill solutions.
- Experience of partnering with senior tech leads to implement cross-functional development teams.
- Track record of delivering technical & product solutions from early specification through to completion and beyond.
- Familiarity with Agile methods and the ability to promote new approaches to client culture.
- An ability to write proposals, drawing on input from Engineers, Architects and designers.
- Commercially aware, ability to write statements of work and price bids appropriately.
- Awareness of some of the following technical areas: Cloud (AWS/Azure etc), Mobile platforms and technology selections, Development and Architectural paradigms.
- Organisational skills to prioritise heavy workloads.
- The ability to communicate technical information to non-technical & technical savvy clients.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Most of our UK staff work from home, or from our clients’ offices in the UK. Initially, you will be expected to spend 2 or more days per week visiting or engaging via video with our existing or potential customers. The rest, you can work from home or in our London office. There will also be occasions where you are asked to join the executive team on new business development activities, representing Zenitech’s technical and delivery capabilities. All this assumes regular non-covid conditions, of course!
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary.
- Health insurance.
- Full statutory pension contributions.
- Opportunities to learn and grow in areas of technology, product development and commercial experience.
- Lots of remote/home working, mixed with client visits in London, Cambridge, Birmingham & Manchester.
- Work with super talented people across technology, product and consultingOccasional business trips to our lovely delivery offices in Lithuania and Romania.