Consultant Product Manager
UK – Digital Practice /
Employee Full Time
You will be joining Zenitech’s product management capability within our UK based Customer and Digital team. This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference in the way organisations solve hard problems by building innovative world-class digital solutions.
You will primarily be responsible for leading product activities within bespoke software development projects for well-recognised global brands across a variety of industries. This may also include opportunities to work on internal Zenitech enabling technologies.
You will bring a wealth of experience in bringing large scale digital products to market. To be successful, you will need a deep understanding of Agile methodologies throughout all aspects of the product life cycle, from discovery through to delivery. Ideally this will include techniques such as Lean Requirements Gathering, Story Maps, Dual-track Scrum and more.
You know how to interact with senior client stakeholders. You’re confident in your ability to surface requirements, identify risks and issues with various approaches and how to negotiate alternatives for better ways of achieving results.
You will have substantial experience in working with cross-functional scrum teams and know how to effectively work with UX designers and engineering teams. To be successful you will need an appreciation and understanding of technology, UX and business domains.
As this is a consulting role, you must have exceptional communication skills and be able to leverage past experience to break down barriers and drive engagements forwards.
This is an exceptional opportunity to be involved in a period of growth for Zenitech.
- Ensuring on-time delivery of high quality bespoke software products that deliver exceptional outcomes for our clients.
- Act as a product lead on client engagements.
- Lead discovery sessions with client stakeholders to uncover requirements and effectively prioritise these into realistic delivery plans.
- Creation and maintenance of prioritised development backlogs, including writing of user stories with well-defined acceptance criteria.
- Participation in all Scrum ceremonies.
- Work closely with technical leads to ensure the viability of what is being delivered.
- Work closely with UX designers to build out prototypes and production ready designs that realises the customer vision.
- Participate in new project proposals and customer meetings.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Product Manager or Product Owner within a technology domain.
- Previous ownership of either an entire product or significant functional area.
- Track record of successfully delivering high-quality digital products using Agile methodologies through both discovery and delivery phases.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Scrum process.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including engineers, testers, DevOps, UX designers, scrum masters, business analysts and stakeholders.
- Ability to think on your feet and come up with innovative solutions for emerging problems.
- A degree in a technical discipline or substantial related work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with Agile project management tools, such as Jira and Confluence.
- Examples of Agile coaching or thought leadership.
- Experience in lean requirements gathering techniques, story mapping, and dual-track scrum.
- Mobile, web, and cloud technologies.
- Working with near-shore development teams.
- Prior experience in a consultancy organization.
- Scrum certification such as Certified Scrum Product Owner.
- Most of our UK staff work from home, or from our client offices in Cambridge and London. Initially, you will be expected to spend 3 or more days per week in London or at our customer’s offices. The rest, you can work from home. There will also be occasions where you are asked to join the executive team on new business development activities, representing Zenitech’s product capabilities. All this assumes regular non-covid conditions, of course!
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary.
- Full statutory pension contributions.
- Opportunities to learn and grow in areas of technology, product development, and commercial experience.
- Opportunities to help us develop our Product Development team.
- Work with great people.
- Occasional business trips to Lithuania and Romania.
- Lots of remote/home working, mixed with visits to clients and our London office.