UK – Digital Practice /
Employee Full Time
You will join Zenitech’s growing technical management team within our UK Digital Practice - our first line Digital Consultancy, a store window to our world class Technology delivery centres. As a member of Zenitech’s Digital Practice, you will partner with our customers, advising them on technical solutions to meet their business objectives. Combining your experience with Zenitech’s world class technical capability, you will enable major global businesses to flourish.
You will also participate in technical proposals and RFP responses as part of our virtual bids team.
- Work with customers to shape technical strategies and roadmaps. Communicate the art of the possible.
- Liaise with staff at all levels of a client organisation, from Engineers to Executives. Be calm, be reassuring. Be an Engineer.
- Define software, product, data and network requirements. Think about data, storage, network, compute, infrastructure, automation, BCP and more. What are the most future-ready solutions for us? What are the cost and cultural impacts of our decisions?
- Analyse Cloud platform requirements and give independent and objective advice for its use.
- Work with Developers and Devops Engineers to put together prototypes and proofs of concept.
- Partner with your colleagues to turn your concepts into practical demonstrations. Be able to demonstrate working prototypes, building trust and setting a vision for the Development teams.
- Communicate your ideas through strong visual means. High quality diagrams, supporting text and working code.
- Present solutions in compelling written documentation and confident presentations.
- Be involved in commercial sales and support, and where appropriate, maintain contact with client organisations.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Experience as a Senior or Principal developer, Architect, or equivalent.
- Show that you can work with both new and old. Work to understand the role of each component and its potential in any future architecture.
- An ability to write proposals, drawing on input from Engineers, Architects and designers.
- Experience of Cloud infrastructure/platform/application providers (AWS/Azure etc).
- Understanding of mobile platforms and technology selections.
- Understanding of Development and Architectural paradigms.
- The ability to communicate technical information to non-technical & technical savvy clients.
- Most of our UK staff work from home, or from our clients’ offices in the UK. Initially, you will be expected to spend 2 or more days per week visiting or engaging via video with our existing or potential customers. The rest, you can work from home or in our London office. There will also be occasions where you are asked to join the executive team on new business development activities, representing Zenitech’s technical and delivery capabilities. All this assumes regular non-covid conditions, of course!
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary.
- Health insurance.
- Full statutory pension contributions.
- Opportunities to learn and grow in areas of technology, product development, and commercial experience.
- Lots of remote/home working, mixed with client visits in London, Cambridge, Birmingham & Manchester.
- Work with super talented people across technology, product, and consulting.
- Occasional business trips to our lovely delivery offices in Lithuania and Romania.