People Practices Partner
Andreessen Horowitz, a high technology venture capital firm, has an immediate opening for a People Practices Associate.
Andreessen Horowitz is a $6 billion venture capital firm focused on software and Internet investments. The firm invests at all stages of company development, with investments ranging in size from $50,000 to $100 million. Among its investments are Affirm, Airbnb, Altschool, Buzzfeed, Coinbase, Databricks, DigitalOcean, Gigster, GitHub, Instacart, Lyft, Mixpanel, Onshape, Pinterest, and Slack.
If you want to see and learn the venture capital business from some of the most renowned entrepreneurs in the Valley, bring your product savvy, technical chops, and Consumer experience to the firm.
- Partner with internal HR within the portfolio companies to identify and address critical organizational and people issues then provide recommendations/counsel through HR best practices/processes to implement.
- Develop management training modules for our portfolio companies and ability to deliver a customized solution to our portfolio leaders and managers.
- Develop HR best practices content in supporting organizational growth ranging from culture, offsite planning, facilitation best practices, management 101, to organization design.
- Ongoing coaching and counsel to portfolio companies related to retention, compensation, benefits, compliance, international expansion to employee relations.
- Advise companies regarding people related strategy and decisions (including organizational design, planning, succession planning, talent management, and culture) at various stages of growth.
- Research new and disruptive HR tools ranging from employee engagement, background checks, and onboarding to performance management. Recommend tools that will be solutions at various stages to support a company’s scale/growth.
- Maintain a current understanding of compliance related to regulations, laws, industry trends, practices, and developments that may affect the companies and advise accordingly.
- At least 7 years of HR experience within a high-growth company or business unit, preferably in the technology industry.
- Strong working knowledge of all HR functional areas including recruiting, onboarding, training and development, employee relations, performance management, compensation, and benefits.
- Experience building out centralized programs and delivering training across the organizations.
- Knowledge of HR compliance and regulations and industry best practices.
- Detail and action-oriented individual with a passion for implementation Comfortable working as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-energy environment.
- Previous experience working with executives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree required.