Full Stack Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Aalto is building The Homeowner Marketplace, a place where people come together to buy and sell their homes. Aalto combines the best of modern technology with incredible human real estate advice, creating a trusted, flexible, and transparent experience.
Simply put, we’re on a mission to help people realize their vision of home, and we’re actively hiring people with a passion for technology, consumer marketplaces, and modern homeownership.
We may be a small team, but we’re building something amazing – backed by some of the best investors in the world. We’d love the chance to tell you how Aalto might be the perfect place for your next career move.
In this role you will…
- Work with product and design to understand consumer problems and partner to build product with.
- Drive tasks, features, projects with a sense of ownership. You’ll write technical plans, break down product specs and designs, and work with teammates to ensure we’re solving consumer needs.
- Write and maintain code to implement consumer value and deliver a performant, top tier experience.
- Review code, proposals, and otherwise help your teammates succeed.
An ideal candidate…
- Is team focused. You’re excited to work together with peers across engineering, product, design, and other roles at Aalto. You understand that success lies with the team's progress not your own.
- Acts with a sense of urgency. An early-stage startup needs to be agile to customer and business needs and you’re excited to move fast with us.
- Is autonomous. You figure out which way you need to be pointed and are creative in clearing your path.
- A clear and concise communicator. You explain implementation details, project requirements, and your favorite topics in a way that teammates easily understand.
- Is quality oriented. You take pride in your work while keeping an eye to practicality.
- Is a curious listener. You strive to learn from each conversation and get excited when you discover the unexpected.
- Has at least two years of experience working in a team setting as a software engineer in an evolving codebase. We hope to be a good environment to mentor more junior engineers soon, but currently don’t have the infrastructure to provide the required support.
- Our modern stack utilizes React, Next.js, Cypress, Node, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud Platform among other technologies, platforms, and services.
During and after COVID
We are currently all working remote and expect to continue with our remote-first culture past the pandemic.
We have a comprehensive healthcare and benefit plan, flexible time off, flexible spending account, and parental leave among other benefits, and seek to be competitive when hiring.