Full Stack Engineer- SF or Remote
Remote, USA /
Aalto has set out to create the modern, direct marketplace homebuyers and sellers have been craving for decades. Beginning in 2021, sellers have been able to list their homes with a flexible and no-risk process, unlocking homes for sale months earlier than traditional real estate. This leads to more amazing homes for buyers, exclusively on Aalto. Tens of thousands of buyers and sellers across the Bay Area are already using Aalto, with new, exclusive homes added hourly.
We are a distributed team of do-ers with three pillars at our core: start by listening, build community, and be direct. Learn more at aalto.com.
About The Team:
We are a group of 11 engineers from startups and established companies alike. We aim to delight and gain much satisfaction from solving consumer problems. To do that, we divide and conquer with members of our team working on one of the following: buyer experience, seller experience, growth, or infrastructure. We operate on a system of values that includes: always doing the right thing (leave things better than when you found them, do what’s best for users, teammates, and the codebase), courageous improvement (continuous improvement, analyzing shippable and pivoting directions in some instances), honesty and openness.
We aim to hire developers who are passionate about changing the way people buy and sell homes
Our modern stack utilizes React, Next.js, Cypress, Node, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud Platform among other technologies, platforms, and services.
In this role you will…
- Work with product and design to understand consumer problems and build useful and beautiful products.
- Drive tasks, features, projects with a sense of ownership.
- Write technical plans and break down product specs and designs.
- Work with teammates to ensure we’re solving consumer needs.
- Write and maintain code to implement consumer value and deliver a performant, top-tier experience.
- Review code, proposals, and otherwise help your teammates succeed.
- Work on a combination of new features and enhancement of existing features to better the customer experience.
You may enjoy working at Aalto if you...
- Have 2+ years of experience working in a team setting as a software engineer in an evolving codebase.
- Are team-focused. You’re excited to work together with peers across engineering, product, design, and other roles at Aalto. You understand that success lies with the team's progress (not just your own).
- Are autonomous. You figure out which way you need to be pointed and are creative in clearing your path.
- Act with a sense of urgency. An early-stage startup needs to be agile to customer and business needs and you’re excited to move fast with us.
- Can clearly and concisely communicate. You explain implementation details, project requirements, and your favorite topics in a way that teammates easily understand.
- Listen with curiosity. You strive to learn from each conversation and get excited when you discover the unexpected.
- Are quality-oriented and take pride in your work. You care about the outcome of your team's work and hold yourself to a high standard while keeping an eye on practicality.
This role can be performed as fully remote or in a hybrid capacity. A majority of the Aalto team is located around the Bay area with flexibility to work from home or the office. For those located in The Bay area, we do have an office (with ample parking) as an option in the Presidio neighborhood of San Francisco, but there is no daily requirement to be present. We want to empower our employees to do their best work, whether that’s collaborating in person with co-workers, focus time at home, or both! Nearly all team members work Pacific hours.
Aalto has a values-driven culture; we prioritize hiring individuals who are aligned with those values and holding our employees accountable. Being open, honest, and candid is part of the fabric of Aalto’s way of doing business. We’re thorough yet nimble, good listeners and open communicators, and have built a foundation of trust, innovation, but most importantly kindness. We’re slack first, we don’t e-mail, and the only meetings we add to our calendars are those that are necessary to building a world-class product. We value output, not hours. If you’re intrinsically motivated to revolutionize the real estate market, then you’ll be in great company with people rallied behind a common goal at Aalto.
Aalto pays 100% of healthcare premiums with comprehensive healthcare and benefit plan, flexible time off, flexible spending account, and parental leave among other benefits. We offer a competitive salary and equity.