Manager, Customer Success Management
New York City
At Abacus, we're reimagining the way businesses move money, starting with the first real-time employee expense system. We’re excited about building tools that are not only effective but enjoyable for everyone to use. Creating the best customer experience drives us - we love hearing everyday how what we're working on is saving our customers time and headaches. Making expense reports obsolete is only the beginning - join a team that is leading the charge in how businesses manage their cash flow.
The Manager of CSMs will be responsible for leading and inspiring the Customer Success arm of the larger Services organization at Abacus, focused on retaining recurring revenue and driving incremental revenue growth from existing customers. The ideal candidate will have experience as both an individual contributor and manager in a customer success organization, and will be confident in interacting with and presenting to senior leadership within a business, including C-level executives, IT, finance, and operations departments. Internally at Abacus you will work across product, engineering, sales, and marketing to ensure successful growth and retention of our customers.
What you'll do:
- Manage a team of Customer Success Managers by providing tactical support, ongoing skills coaching, and career path development.
- Lead from the front by managing some of Abacus’ largest customer relationships alongside the Abacus leadership team, and regularly joining customer calls with reps.
- Set the sales expansion strategy to meet quarterly and yearly revenue growth plans from the existing customer base.
- Steer key customer relationships in close collaboration with the team, including solving difficult client issues as the final point of escalation.
- Partner with other leaders on the direction, strategy, and growth of teams and process enhancements
- Have a clear, in-depth understanding of our product vision and strategy to drive customer feedback with collaborative efforts across departments.
- Promote a fun and passionate environment while hitting company KPIs.
Who you are:
- Proven track record of exceeding quota and/or goal over-achievement.
- Proactive leader who takes initiative, capable of foreseeing upcoming challenges and solving them effectively.
- A data-driven approach to business. You need to be ready to let the numbers measure success.
- The ability to define and redefine processes, break down barriers and challenge the status quo.
- Adept negotiator and conflict manager with a sales focus.
- Strong people manager and team player.
- 3+ years of work experience as an individual contributor in a sales / CS organization.
- Some experience leading or managing a successful CS team.
- Startup/tech experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.