New York City
At Abacus, we're reimagining the way businesses move money, starting with the first real-time employee expense system. We’re excited about building tools that are not only effective but enjoyable for everyone to use. Our customers drive everything we do, and as a Product Specialist you will be working with customers on the front line via email, chat, and phone, translating their feedback into insights for our Product and Engineering teams.
We love talking to our customers and we are heavily invested in their success. You will be the go-to resource for our customers, making sure that they're getting the most out of Abacus. We're looking for people who are excited about solving complex problems, and synthesizing customer insights into actionable ideas. Not only will you be the voice of Abacus outside the organization, educating current and new customers, but you’ll also be the voice of the customer within the organization, advocating on their behalf, directly influencing our product roadmap.
This position is a great opportunity to learn the basic building blocks of a startup while helping shape the Customer Success team at Abacus. You will report to the Director of Customer Success, and there will be tons of room for learning and growth.
What will you be doing here?
- Engaging with small business owners, employees and accountants via chat, email, phone, social media and in-person conversations
- Rooting out customer pain points and building processes around reporting so that we can make data driven decisions
- Collaborating with our product and engineering teams, influencing product roadmap and being a resource to your co-workers
- Finding creative ways to reduce friction and make our customer experience more seamless
- Learning how to use internal tools and services that will turn you into a productivity machine
What would make you a strong candidate?
- Eager to learn every day
- Natural problem solver
- Strong interest in technology
- Love building scalable processes
- A genuine desire to help others
- Ability to empathize with people
- Keen attention to detail
- Obsessed with inbox zero
- 1-3 years in a customer facing role
What would be nice to have?
- Finance or accounting experience
- Strong writing background
- Prior experience in a customer facing role
If this sounds like what you’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you! Send us a resume and help us understand why you want to work at Abacus in just a few sentences.
Building a diverse and inclusive workplace is core to our values at Abacus. We welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and abilities.
Abacus does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters and will not consider payment regarding recruiter fees.