Director of Customer Success
New York City
At Abacus, we're reimagining the way businesses move money, starting with the first real-time employee expense system. We’re excited about building tools that are not only effective but enjoyable for everyone to use. Creating the best customer experience drives us - we love hearing everyday how what we're working on is saving our customers time and headaches. Making expense reports obsolete is only the beginning - join a team that is leading the charge in how businesses manage their cash flow.
The Director of Customer Success will be responsible for leading and inspiring the customer success organization (Success Managers, Implementation, and technical support) in all aspects of their work to retain recurring revenue and drive incremental growth, all while cultivating outstanding customer loyalty. The ideal candidate will have experience as both an individual contributor and leader/manager in a customer success organization, and will be well versed in interacting with and presenting to senior leadership within a business, including c-level executives, IT, finance, and operations departments. Internally at Abacus you will work across product, engineering, sales, and marketing to ensure successful growth and retention of our customers.
What will you do at Abacus?
- Lead a team of 8 customer success professionals, including Success, Implementation and Support and provide tactical support, ongoing skills coaching, and career path development
- Meet quarterly and yearly revenue growth plans from the existing customer base with diverse sales expansion strategies
- Ensure first rate customer support is delivered across all platforms and conversations
- Steer key customer relationships in close collaboration with the team, including solving difficult client issues as the final point of escalation
- Partner with other leaders on the direction, strategy, and growth of teams and process enhancements
- Have a clear, in-depth understanding of our product vision and strategy to drive customer feedback with collaborative efforts across departments
- Promote a fun and passionate environment while hitting company KPIs
Who you are:
- You have a proven track record of exceeding quota and/or goal over-achievement
- You're a proactive leader who takes initiative, capable of foreseeing upcoming challenges and solving them effectively
- You have a data-driven approach to business. You need to be ready to let the numbers measure success
- You have the ability to define and redefine processes, break down barriers and challenge the status quo
- You're an adept negotiator and conflict manager with a sales focus
- You're a strong people manager and team player
- 5+ years of work experience as an individual contributor in a Sales or CS organization
- 2+ years running a successful CS team
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Startup/tech experience preferred
This position is a great opportunity to continue shaping the Customer Success team at Abacus. There will be a lot of room for learning and growth. If this sounds like what you’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you! Send us a resume and a cover letter along with anything else that would help us to get to know you better.
Building a diverse and inclusive workplace is core to our values at Abacus. We welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and abilities.