San Francisco, CA
We’re seeking a product designer to join our fast-growing engineering, product, and design (EPD) team. You’ll work in an industry that has been underserved by design and technology by turning complex, manual work into elegantly-crafted solutions that are exponentially more intuitive and efficient than established processes. As the first full-time in-house designer and an early member of Abacus’s EPD team, you’ll have the opportunity to shape Abacus’s design language and brand, help grow our product and design team, and design core features of our product that will define how users interact with our software.
What would you be doing?
- Own and lead design and research of features, even entire product lines, from inception to launch
- Design flows and experiences that make complex processes simple and delightful
- Contribute to our product design language, both in style and structure
- Dig into established processes by empathizing with end users through user research, then find ways to make them better
- Lead with insights into customer behavior, and help the product & engineering teams build the right solution at the right time
What does success look like in this role?
- 2+ years of UX and product design experience spent working on complex, web-based products
- Experience doing interview-driven customer research, and synthesizing the results
- A clear sense of good visual design and an ability to work within component-based design systems
- Experience working with PMs from research phases of a project all the way through delivery to engineering
- Understanding of complex workflows designed to scale from novice to advanced users of financial services
- Experience working in fast-paced and execution-focused continuous delivery environments
- A track record of personal accountability, strong work ethic, and integrity to reach your goals, demonstrating a sense of urgency and ownership.
What do you get from Abacus?
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing San Francisco startup as the first full-time designer with the potential of disrupting and shaping the future of the financial industry.
- Networking opportunities with top leaders in traditional finance and fintech.