Associate Director, Engagement Strategy
433 W Van Buren Street, Chicago, IL 60607 /
Account Services – Engagement Strategy and Analytics /
The Associate Director, Engagement Strategist is a core Integrated Strategy team member primarily responsible for providing leadership and strategic guidance for all digital projects and initiatives for smaller accounts or portions of larger accounts. This role works closely with both the Director or Sr. Director of Engagement Strategy along with Engagement Strategists. The Associate Director provides leadership based on an understanding of the customer journey and lifecycle as well as motivating behaviors to assist in the development of a channel strategy that outlines the most efficient path to connect with and activate the customer. Successful candidates will demonstrate a history of creating innovative and effective digital initiatives across CRM, Social, Website, Media and other key channels. An effective Associate Director has had sound experience managing the execution of these programs as well as having had experience in using tools and research to extract the data and insights that served as the foundation for the programs. This position requires a strong understanding of current and emerging interactive vehicles that impact digital communications.
The role essentials are:
1. Being a primary driver of strategic thinking and the strategic development of ecosystems and channel strategies
2. Distillation of core audience insights and trends that present opportunities for clients to meaningfully engage with the target audience
3. Subject matter expertise in at least two core digital topic areas – SEO, social media, CRM, digital media, analytics, emerging channels and new technologies, and channel strategy
4. Ability to problem solve, motivate others, demonstrate deep understanding of engagement tools and platforms and ultimately drive client business success
5. Lead by example
6. Be proactive, solution-oriented and a curious learner
Functions and Responsibilities
- Serves as a leader in managing tactic executions and ensuring alignment to digital marketing strategies under a client’s business goals and objectives
- Provide strategic framework support in answering client business needs and challenges.
- Oversee in-depth audits using third party tools that evaluate competitive activity, keyword search behavior, social conversation, media activity and more to help identify key barriers and opportunities for our clients
- Work in partnership with the agency’s account directors to ensure that resource needs and strategic needs are fully met.
- Partner with agency account directors to identify areas to grow the client’s business organically.
- Serve as Agency lead for process improvement and other critical initiatives, as assigned
- Help guide assigned junior team members as they grow their skills – provide training, mentorship and leadership as needed
- Provide strategic insights and support, as assigned, for new business opportunities
- Demonstrate leadership and expertise in analytics and measurement through the delivery of integrated analytics decks and presentations that tell clients a clear story of how the engagement tools and ecosystem is delivering on their business needs
- Provide regular input and tracking of digital trends and insights
- Provide digital best practice guidance for the internal teams including account and creative
- Provide active support, as assigned, for new business opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, analytics or related area
- Healthcare and agency experience preferred
- High level of curiosity and Innate desire to learn and grow with a far-reaching sense of curiosity
- Ability to effectively work both independently and collaboratively with ability to thrive in fast paced environment
- Experiential knowledge of engagement and digital marketing channels, including implementation, testing, and tracking and measurement
- Possess an expertise in new and emerging digital channels, tactics and media
- Strong communication, budgeting, project management and planning skills
- 7-10 years of digital strategy experience
- Solution oriented problem solver
Since our beginning in 1981, AbelsonTaylor has remained singularly focused on brands that help people live healthier lives. We don’t design for sneakers, or beer, or cars. We are 100% focused on and passionate about health and wellness.
The goal is simple; create an environment where very different people with unique skill sets and diverse personalities work together toward a common goal. When the products you sell are ideas, strategies and relationships, your most important assets are your people, your people, and your people.
And we are Passionate about our People. It says so right in our Values, along with Cherish Creativity, Fearlessly Independent, Always Curious, and Teamwork. All of which support our Vision: Be the most sought after Health and Wellness agency
So how do we get there? AT has Core Competencies which define expectations of all employees:
– Conveys one’s thoughts written or verbally in an articulate, confident, and compelling manner that positively influences others to take action
Teamwork and Collaboration
– The ability to relate to others, work cooperatively and collaboratively while acting in ways that support the success of the overall team, and drawing out the positive potential of differences
– Takes personal responsibility for meeting commitments and ensures that results are achieved including that expectations are clear, priorities established, focus maintained and tough decisions addressed
– The orientation to keep in close touch with the needs and perspective of internal and external customers and the deep awareness of how these actions serve them while supporting the strategic Vison and Values
– The ongoing effort to learn from ones’ own experience and from others - not only to improve oneself but to do what is necessary to help the organization make significant positive changes in its results and overall performance
Creativity and Innovation
– The bright, intelligent, and agile ability to approach concepts and complexity comfortably and has a creative and innovative curiosity about our business and industry