Facilities Maintenance Technician, ABLE Services near North Van Buren rd
Milwaukee, WI /
Able Services Field – Engineering, General Maintenance Technician /
ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a General Maintenance Technician.
The General Maintenance Technician will complete assigned preventive maintenance and reactive maintenance repairs requiring conveyor, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, instrumentation, HVAC and other equipment, systems or structures. Ensures repairs and maintenance to all equipment and facilities. Responds to spills and other emergency situations, performing tasks necessary. Assists in emergencies as needed.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
- Responsible for assisting Helper C in moving all trash containers on the property on days that assistance is needed and when requested by Head Janitor
- Assist with snow and ice removal
- Maintain mechanical, electrical, and shop areas
- Assist with the trash-out of vacant apartments; e.g., moving heavy/bulky items to the dumpster. Assist service staff with maintenance functions as requested
- Coordinates parts, supplies, and equipment from local vendors and inventory
- Performs simple procedures and tasks and other routine maintenance duties
- Basic repair and maintenance of HVAC, electrical and plumbing equipment, and systems
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the Head Janitor and Assistant Head Janitor
- Foster a work environment that promotes energy conservation and continuous improvement of engineering functions
- As an appropriate record, all pertinent data in building logbooks, make all appropriate daily entries
- Process administrative paperwork in accordance with departmental policies and procedure
- Actively functions as a team member
- Demonstrates commitment to quality of service
- Complies with Able Engineering Services and facility policies and procedures
- Complies and participates in Able Engineering Services safety program
- Complies and participates in a facility-specific safety program
- Maintain regular attendance in the workplace
- Provide the highest quality of service to the facility's tenants, staff, and visitors.
- Participate in regular required communication with Head Janitor, assistant Head Janitor, management, tenants, and other staff
- Complete work orders that are within your classification. It is up to the Head Janitor/Assistant Head Janitor to distribute work orders accordingly. If a work order is beyond your job classification, it is your duty to report this to your supervisor in order for the trouble to be rectified in a timely manner. Ensure that all vacated apartments are thoroughly restored to “make ready” status in a timely manner. Including all “Mini” and “Full” Upgrades
- Assist during trash-out of the apartment; e.g. moving heavy/bulky items to the dumpster
- Replace or repair windows, latches, screens, hinges, sliding glass doors, shelves, baseboards, mirrors, closet doors, mini-blinds, ceiling fans, lights, etc. Change A/C filters and perform a PM on the unit(s)
- Make new keys when requested. Replace vacancy lock (if applicable) on the day lock is changed for new resident move-in
- Report supply needs to the Head Janitor
- Miscellaneous duties as required
- Must be able to work on a ladder or elevated surface.
SKILLS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Computer skills at a level to interact with the building and Able Engineering Services computerized systems in place
- Nice to have Certification meeting OSHA ACM awareness training requirements as required
- Working knowledge of energy conservation strategies (energy-saving lighting, etc.)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.