Frederick, MD /
Able Services Field – IFM, Floor Technician /
ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a Floor Technician.
The Floor Technician provides the cleaning and upkeep of all assigned areas including clean hallways and other areas. Strip and wax floors, mop and clean floors, understand chemicals usage, vacuum offices and common areas. Operate chemical dispensing units.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
The pay listed is the hourly range or the hourly rate for this position. A specific offer will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, and alignment with market data.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about ABM’s benefits, visit ABM 2023 Employee Benefits | Staff & Management
- Provides maintenance to hard surface floors by stripping, buffing, burnishing, waxing, scrubbing and re-finishing according to procedure
- Provides maintenance to carpeted floors by vacuuming, bonnet buffing, shampooing, extracting, and performing spot removal
- Uses cleaning and floor chemicals properly according to Joint Commission and OSHA standards
- Understands procedures and properly disposes of infectious waste and trash
- Handles and cleans up emergency spills per department guidelines as to Joint Commission and OSHA standards
- Operates and maintains assigned equipment according to established procedures
- Handles equipment maintenance needs including reporting problems with equipment and facility timely and appropriately
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively including: Read labels and chemical content.
- Ability to handle floor cleaning equipment and machinery
- Buffing, Stripping/Waxing, and carpet cleaning
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Ability to follow written or verbal directions
- Demonstrated ability to work well without direct supervision
- Ability to fulfill the physical demands of the essential functions of the job.
$16 - $16.50 an hour
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.