Assistant Superintendent, ABLE Services near JFK International Airport area
Jamaica, NY /
Able Services Field – Engineering, Building Superintendent /
ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a Building Superintendent.
The Building Superintendent is responsible for overseeing the building projects, supervising day-to-day team operations, coordinating supplies, equipment, activities of workers engaged in cleaning and maintaining premises of commercial, industrial or other establishments, ensuring performance goals are met. May perform administrative tasks.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
The Assistant Superintendent will assist the Building Superintendent in the overall maintenance operations and physical condition of the facility to ensure highest standards of client satisfaction.
The pay listed is the salary range for this position. An offer will vary based on the applicant's education, experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, and alignment with market data.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about ABM's benefits, visit https://www.abm.com/abm-2022-employee-benefits-staff-management
- Ensures that inspection, testing and maintenance of all work are implemented using the work order system for proper documentation and filing for inspection by the manager.
- Schedules the workload to maximize the balance between workforce and workload.
- Supervises staff in the performance of contract administration, recruitment, bookkeeping, or other clerical work related to the contract.
- Develops and maintains an ongoing maintenance operation for the facility, including trash removal, basic heating, plumbing, lighting, roof exhausts and maintenance.
- Works closely with other departments to ensure high level of customer satisfaction.
- Orders material as directed by the property and completes work assignments on time and by a specified date.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules, recommends measures to improve production.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists employees in resolving work problems.
- Communicates verbally and in writing with all levels of employees.
- Attends periodic meetings and participates in safety meetings.
- Submits to management recommendations for painting, repairs, furnishings, relocation of equipment, and reallocation of space.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in facilities management and scheduling systems including knowledge of heating, air conditioning, mechanical, electrical, and fire alarm systems
- Facilities operational experience preferred
- Proficiency in using e-mail, preferably MS Outlook
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of safety and environmental certifications required
- The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious beliefs, or other legally required exceptions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.