Help Desk Agent
Washington, DC /
Able Services Field – Integrated Facilities Solutions Eastern Region /
The Help Desk Agent is responsible for handling incoming phone calls, e-mails, and digital requests to the Facilities Help Desk with prompt, courteous, Informative and customer-oriented service delivery. The Facilities Help Desk agent’s role is an integral and highly visible role within the Facilities Management operation.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking routine facilities service requests
- Process incoming facilities work orders requests through phone, email, and web platforms
- Document, assess, prioritize, classify, escalate or dispatch to determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by the customer
- Answer external phone calls on behalf of the organization and route them to the appropriate department
- Follow approved policies and procedures
- Communicate clearly and effectively in verbal and written formats
- Portray a professional and positive attitude Need to add reliability/attendance
- HS Diploma required, some college preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years of call center or customer service experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience in facilities maintenance or hospitality industries
- Exemplary customer service skills, ability to multitask, strong attention to detail, and proven ability to provide quality service in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (7 am – 6 pm) routinely. Additional and weekend hours occasionally required to support special events
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Ability to learn and use electronic devices effectively including new software programs, mobile applications, and technological devices
- Bilingual - Spanish preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.