Entry - Mid Level Maintenance Technician, ABLE Services near Oakbrook Center Dr
Chicago, IL /
Able Services Field – Engineering, General Maintenance Technician /
ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a General Maintenance Technician.
The General Maintenance Technician will complete assigned preventive maintenance and reactive maintenance repairs requiring conveyor, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, instrumentation, HVAC and other equipment, systems or structures. Ensures repairs and maintenance to all equipment and facilities. Responds to spills and other emergency situations, performing tasks necessary. Assists in emergencies as needed.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
- Exterior Inspection (and Repairs as Needed):
- Outer ring road loop, including signage, lighting, and landscaping
- Inner ring road loop, including signage, lighting, and landscaping
- Exterior monument signage and lighting
- Entrance doors and walkways
- Loading zones, compactors, and pads
- Sidewalks, curbs, parking stops, and covered parking areas
- Exterior pump stations
- Floor and paver repairs/replacement
- Any additional areas required by the Operations Manager
- Interior Inspection (and Repairs as Needed):
- Restrooms and vestibules at each entrance, but not limited to elevators and escalators and property common area soft seating food court seating, interior lighting, electrical rooms, back hallways, receiving zone doors and sprinkler riser rooms, machine rooms, shop, and roof
- Visually inspect the equipment around the shop for any unusual conditions:
- Drywall - repair and painting
- Flooring repair - all types; including tile, carpet, concrete, wood plank, vinyl, laminate, etc.
- Wall repair - all types; including drywall, tile, wood panels, vinyl, laminate, etc.
- Painting or repainting - touch-up painting, area painting, and painting of wall repairs
- Plumbing - repair faucet and flush valves (manual and sensor type), drinking fountain repairs, valve repair and replacement, toilet/urinal repair and replacement, basic snaking and unclogging of lines, and lift station monitoring. Minor repair of piping, minor repair of the drain, waste, and vent (DWV) lines, and replacement of plumbing trim, this also includes the front-of-house hose bibs in a common area. Landscape irrigation where applicable.
- Basic Electrical - the light bulb, lamp replacement, Ballast replacement, switch plate replacement. Inspect Property lighting for proper function. Check all Property emergency lighting, and check bypass switches for common area lighting for proper function.
- Marketing - set up and teardown of seasonal events, marketing events, tables, chairs, tablecloths, staging, phone electrical needs, and any other items needed for a successful marketing event. Banner installation and change out. Door and window cling.
- Business Development- RMU set up for new tenants. This may include locating phone lines, and RMU moves to new locations to include new shelves, lights, or glass cases. RMU cart repair to include doors, drawer glides, and re-key locks.
- HVAC - Inspect all RTUs for damage and general conditions that may require a Service Provider to repair the units. Inspect belts and/or filters for replacement where applicable.
- Roof - Inspect the roof for damage that may have occurred from Service Providers or storms; identify potential problems.
- Skylights / Clerestory - When inspecting the roof, all skylights and clerestory windows should be reviewed for damage, missing or damaged seals, broken glass, and waterproofing. Covering window surfaces may be required for special events.
SKILLS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Computer skills at a level to interact with the building and Able Engineering Services computerized systems in place is FAVORABLE
- To have a Certification meeting OSHA ACM awareness training requirements is FAVORABLE
- Working knowledge of energy conservation strategies (energy-saving lighting, etc.)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.