Dallas, TX /
Able Services Corporate – Engineering Manager /
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
The Engineering Manager will work directly with property management, leasing, engineering leadership, vendors, and construction in various facets to deliver top tier asset management with a budget conscious focus and a customer centric experience. The EM is responsible for all properties in their region and must be involved in every aspect of maintaining these assets. This must be done in a manner that not only protects but maximizes the value of the properties.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the overall implementation of Able/ABM Engineering Services’ policies and procedures, engineering standards and safety programs in his/her assigned portfolio of buildings. In addition, each manager will support and back-up all managers within his/her region with all accounts.
The Engineering Manager supports the management of employee related human resources and payroll functions within a portfolio with emphasis on minimizing liability and risk exposure. Further, the Engineering Manager will support client requests and manage client expectations for their designated portfolios.
The Engineering Manager will provide support and collaborate with sales and marketing objectives/efforts for the organization. This may include; but is not limited to maintaining current client relationships, improving portfolio relationships and marketing new clients.
The Engineering Manager, under the supervision of the Regional Vice President of Engineering, is responsible for the overall operation of service delivery to assigned clients. The successful candidate will support the implementation and documentation of site safety plans and all Able/ABM Engineering Services operational standards and guidelines as well as site specific standards, policies and procedures relating to the engineering department.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the local workforce to include Mechanical operations
- Implement client objectives
- Support energy initiatives
- Ensure consistent reporting
- Ensure Able/ABM Engineering operational standards are implemented
- Ensure Able/ABM Engineering Services’ Safety Programs are implemented
- Training - safety, procedural and technical for area employees.
- Provide supervision over company directed QA program.
- Provide supervision over company directed safety program.
- Auditing/benchmarking of job sites and employee processes.
- Develop and implement company and job site standards.
- Oversee scheduling of job site supervisors and employees.
- Facilitate accurate AES billing and accounting.
- Facilitate the development of budgets as required.
- Assist in the development of new business to include participation in marketing, sales and local BOMA/IFMA events.
- Review, support and comment on monthly chief engineer reports
- Review and comment on facility energy use.
- Assist in the management of overtime and client overtime expectations.
- Provide leadership to Able/ABM Engineering Services’ employees.
- Facilitate career growth and opportunities to all employees.
- Ability to work with and understand union contracts.
- Ability to work with and understand non-union employment rules.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in the field and prior management experience is required.
- Must have knowledge of MS Office Applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work well in a customer focused team environment.
- Excellent customer service, employee relations and good tenant/customer interaction skills.
- Proven ability to work with a variety of staff and management.
- Ability to create processes and ensure they are followed by engineering teams.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.