Helper A/Facilities Maintenance Technician, ABLE Services near S Wells
Chicago, IL /
Able Services Field – Engineering, Maintenance Technician /
ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a Maintenance Technician.
The General Maintenance Technician will complete assigned preventive maintenance and reactive maintenance repairs requiring conveyor, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, instrumentation, HVAC and other equipment, systems or structures. Ensures repairs and maintenance to all equipment and facilities. Responds to spills and other emergency situations, performing tasks necessary. Assists in emergencies as needed.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
- Maintains and cleans mechanical, electrical and shop areas.
- Maintains and performs repairs to buildings, utilities, grounds and equipment
- Records all pertinent data in building logbooks, and makes all appropriate daily entries.
- Conducts utility and equipment tests.
- Records pertinent data on all equipment in accordance with federal, state, and local codes and requirements.
- Coordinates parts, supplies, and equipment from local vendors and inventory.
- Performs procedures and tasks and other routine maintenance duties.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned by property management/ownership.
- Fosters a work environment that promotes energy conservation and continuous improvement of engineering functions.
- As appropriate, records all pertinent data in building logbooks and makes all appropriate daily entries.
- Process administrative paperwork in accordance to departmental policies and procedures.
- Actively functions as a team member.
- Demonstrates commitment to quality of service.
- Complies with Able Engineering Services and facility policies and procedures.
- Complies and participates with Able Engineering Services safety program.
- Complies and participates in facility specific safety program.
- Maintains regular attendance in the workplace.
- Provides highest quality of service to the tenants, staff and visitors at the facility.
- Participates in regular required communication property management, tenants and other staff
- Experience with electrical and HVAC systems a PLUS
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience in general maintenance is NICE TO HAVE
- Computer skills at a level to interact with the building and Able Engineering Services’ computerized systems in place
- Certification meeting OSHA ACM awareness training requirements NICE TO HAVE
- Shift Times: Standard business hours
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.