Helper C/Cleaner Facilities Services (3rd Shift-Night) , ABLE Services near E. South Water st.
Chicago, IL /
Legacy – Engineering Midwest Region /
- Complete work orders that are within your classification. It is up to the Head Janitor/Assistant Head Janitor to distribute work orders accordingly. If a work order is beyond your job classification, it is your duty to report this to your supervisor in order for the trouble to be rectified in a timely manner.
- Responsible for moving all trash containers on the property. On days that help is needed, It is your responsibility to let the Head Janitor know that assistance is needed.
- Maintain the equipment for garbage removal.
- Assist with snow and ice removal.
- Maintain and cleans common spaces, mechanical, electrical, and shop areas.
- Assist with the trash-out of vacant apartments; e.g., moving heavy/bulky items to the dumpster. Assist service staff with maintenance functions as requested.
- Coordinates parts, supplies, and equipment from local vendors and inventory.
- Performs simple procedures and tasks and other routine maintenance duties.
- Basic repair and maintenance of HVAC, electrical, and plumbing equipment and systems.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the Head Janitor and Assistant Head Janitor.
- Foster a work environment that promotes energy conservation and continuous improvement of engineering functions.
- As appropriate records all pertinent data in building logbooks, and make all proper daily entries.
- Process administrative paperwork in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Actively functions as a team member.
- Demonstrates commitment to quality of service.
- Complies with Able Engineering Services and facility policies and procedures.
- Complies and participates with Able Engineering Services safety program.
- Complies and participates in facility-specific safety programs.
- Maintain regular attendance in the workplace.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the tenants, staff, and visitors at the facility. Page 2 of 2 Helper C Job Description(H.C.)
- Participate in regular required communication with Head Janitor, assistant Head Janitor, management, tenants, and other staff.
- Must be able to work on a ladder or elevated surface.
- Experience that is commensurate with the specific facility for the position in the areas of Hospitals, Hotels, and other related areas of interest.
- Computer skills at a level to interact with the building and Able Engineering Services computerized systems in place.
- Available to work successfully at Shift Times: 3rd shift 11 pm- 7:30 am
- Location zipcode:60605
$0 - $20.87 an hour
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Able Services offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
Able values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of classification protected by law, including race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, veteran status, or national origin. We also provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities.
Able Services participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.
Able is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.