Facility Manager (Non-Union)
San Jose, CA /
Able Services Field – Engineering, Facilities Supervisor /
ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a Facilities Supervisor.
The Facilities Supervisor is responsible for overseeing projects, supervising day-to-day team operations, and ensuring performance goals are met for a designated site. May perform administrative tasks.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
up to $120k per year salary
Day Shift with flexible start time
Leadership: The Facilities Manager has responsibility for all supervisory activities for Maintenance Department staff. This individual is responsible for developing and motivating the Maintenance Team to high levels of productivity and morale through guidance, mentoring and leadership example.
Level of Authority: The Facilities Manager manages job responsibilities independently with only general direction from the General Manager.
- Responsible for supporting the facility operations of the property, and affiliated business units including budgeting (operational and capital), expense control, preventative maintenance program management, managing all building components (including HVAC, plumbing, Fire/Life Safety, and electrical systems), maintaining the aesthetic of the center, and maximizing the customer experience.
- In coordination with the chief engineer utilize facilities operational platforms to efficiently manage the operations of the center (CMMS, BMS/EMS/Contractor Management system etc.). Responsible for the integrity of information in these systems and databases, and ensuring these tools are fully optimized.
- Attend recurring action/asset meetings to ensure awareness of all aspects of the shopping center, especially on issues that pertain to tenant’s design and construction.
- In coordination with the chief engineer manage and oversee any on-site equipment or asset inventory. Complete weekly site walks of property to gain an understanding of property needs.
- Project Management
- In coordination with the general manager perform local bidding, including RFP creation, bid leveling, proposed recommendations, and contract administration, while also supporting any regionalized/national bidding projects.
- Accountable and responsible for the timely implementation and completion of operational capital projects according to approved budget amounts. Review project needs and provide recommendations for project appropriateness and alternate options to complete projects.
- Accountable for control of expenses including negotiating contracts and reviewing profit and loss statements, to approved budgets in partnership with the general manager.
- Support the reforecasting of the operating budget and preparation of the annual operational and capital budgets. against
- Reconcile utility bills, expenses, and verify against metering data.
- Third-Party Vendor Management
- Support performance management contracted services (national/regional/local), including securing bids, negotiation, renewals, payment, supervision and termination, as required in coordination with the general manager and chief engineer.
- Support supervision of janitorial services and oversee engineering, and maintenance functions, including minimum of once per week walk-throughs, meetings and work orders.
- Efficient at providing accurate cost projections
- Proficient with budgeting and preventing cost overruns
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to mentor, motivate and lead facilities team members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to thirty pounds
- Demonstrable Computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License or the ability to acquire a California Driver’s License within thirty days of hire
Facilities Manager Requirements and Qualifications:
$105,000 - $120,000 a year
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.