Lead Engineer, ABLE Services near Central St
Boxborough, MA /
Able Services Field – Engineering, Lead Building Engineer /
ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a Lead Engineer.
The Lead Engineer is responsible for all activities related to the maintenance and repair of all mechanical systems within a property. The duties may include the maintenance and operations of HVACR equipment and controls. Other systems may include chilled water systems, boilers, refrigeration systems and other mechanical or electrical building systems. The Engineer must be flexible and willing to complete all tasks that are assigned.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about ABM’s benefits, visit ABM 2023 Employee Benefits | Staff & Management
- Maintains and performs repairs to buildings, utilities, grounds, and equipment.
- Optimize the repair and maintenance of HVAC, electrical, and plumbing equipment and systems. Uses and helps provide best practices to troubleshoot and repair equipment and system problems so that problems are resolved in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Maintains continuous operations of equipment by troubleshooting and repairing.
- Provide hands-on training and collaboration to other engineering team members.
- Fosters a work environment that promotes energy conservation and continuous improvement of engineering functions.
- Records all pertinent data in building logbooks and makes all appropriate daily entries.
- Conducts utility and equipment tests.
- Records pertinent data on all equipment in accordance with federal, state, and local codes and requirements.
- Process administrative paperwork in accordance to departmental policies and procedures.
- Actively functions as a team member.
- Demonstrates commitment to quality of service.
- Complies with Able Engineering Services and facilities’ policies and procedures.
- Complies and participates with Able Engineering Services safety program.
- Complies and participates in facility specific safety program.
- Maintains regular attendance in the workplace.
- Provides highest quality of service to the tenants, staff and visitors at the facility.
- Participate in regular required communication with Chief Engineer, Assistant Chief Engineer, management, tenants and other staff.
- Experience that is commensurate with the specific facility for the position of Engineer
- 5+ years in the position of engineer
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- As required, the highest-level relevant state/local license for Stationary Engineer and/or HVAC, plus a universal level refrigerant recovery license
- Computer skills and building automation systems experience required
- Certification meeting OSHA ACM awareness training requirements as required
- Working knowledge of energy conservation is required, formal training preferred
- Schedule: Monday - Friday 7 am - 3:30 pm - on call every other weekend
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.