Information Security Analyst
Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
- Respond to alerts and incidents and perform triage for security incidents.
- Oversee and maintain various security controls within the company.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintenance of the security infrastructure that include On-premises and Cloud-based security technologies.
- Perform detailed review and analysis of log and alert data, developing automated reports and dashboards for managerial review.
- Assess breaches, threats, risks, and vulnerabilities that enter infrastructure.
- Implements security improvements by assessing the current situation, evaluating trends, anticipating requirements, and preventing breaches.
- Prioritize alerts and issues and perform triage to confirm security incidents.
- Configuring and implementing security controls and monitoring software
- Enforcing organizational security Policies / Process / Procedures
- 3-4 years of Information security experience
- Technical Certifications within the area of security
- Bachelor’s Degree In cyber security, Information Security, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Sound understanding of information security principles, processes, technologies, and practices.
- Ability to understand a variety of platforms, operating systems, and applications and understand interoperability capabilities and constraints amongst such components.
- Experiences both On-premises and Cloud-based security technologies with possible specific cloud-based certifications.
- Proven technical background in IT systems and networking in Cloud environments.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.