El Segundo, California /
Corporate – Sites and Developments /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
As a EHS Specialist, you will be responsible for maintaining the EHS Management System and building training content for all EHS programs enterprise wide. You will also support Launch and Test (L&T) operations along with production and manufacturing. You will be driving safety culture through relationship development across various departments and monitoring data points for leading Indicators enterprise wide. You help drive success by engaging with L&T site operations engineers and technicians. We are looking for an EHS Specialist, who enjoys problem solving, thinking outside the box to cultivate solutions, and can work effectively in a fast-paced environment and share our passion for building a successful safety culture from the ground up.
- Partner with Launch and Test (L&T) operations teams for EHS needs and supports including traveling to our launch and test sites for various projects.
- Contribute to Learning and Development (L&D) team by building EHS required training (online and hands-on) including monitoring and updating EHS training matrix enterprise wide.
- Maintain the EHS Management System, monitoring for incidents, near misses, and corrective action close outs.
- Maintain SDS data bases ensuring it’s up to date and chemical inventories are accounted for.
- Maintain chemical inventory enterprise wide and keep chemical hygiene plan updated.
- Participate in safety stand down meetings, recording agendas.
- Perform Industrial Hygiene baseline sampling along with developing relationship with vendors for future sampling events for regulatory compliance.
- Evaluate risk for L&T operations which Includes confined space, LOTO, Research and Development (R&D) test reviews, and Job Hazard Analysis for non-routine task.
- Perform annual Hazardous Material Business Plan submittals into CERS for California sites
- Support various environmental needs such as microbulk permitting, SWPPP, SPCC, and Waste Management ensure all applicable inspection and action items are captured and reported.
- Perform PPE hazard assessments and document all needed PPE enterprise wide
- Work with Human resources with ensuring employees are getting fit tested for respiratory protection
- Order industrial hygiene and other various safety equipment and ensure that all required calibration is being performed and maintain an updated inventory list.
- Perform daily walk-throughs engaging with production managers and engineers for various EHS concerns.
- Onboard new EHS related vendors, as needed.
- 2+ years of EHS experience
- Knowledge of CAL/OSHA, EPA, DOT and local and state regulatory requirements
- Bachelors in related field from an accredited university or applicable experience
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in aerospace or other applicable industry
- Experience utilizing EHS management system
WHAT TO LOOK FOR:
- Critical thinking: ABL employees understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL employees must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
The salary range for this role is $70,000 - $92,000. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.