Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
El Segundo, CA, United States
We build rockets to launch small satellites
ABL Space Systems (ABL) was founded in 2017, by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley, to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. ABL is headquartered in El Segundo, California, where it has more than 30,000 square feet of facilities for research, development, and production. ABL is a privately-owned corporation backed by a premier group of investors.
We are a tight team with big goals. That means we need all hands on deck. At ABL, every person takes ownership of their work, and understands how it impacts our mission. Accessing space doesn’t need to be expensive, complicated, or difficult, and we’re building the systems, CONOPS, and organization to prove it. Our team has come together to pursue mastery of our domains and build something bigger than ourselves. We are proud to serve the people pushing the frontiers of space technology. Our goals are ambitious. The work is challenging. We take a deep personal responsibility for everything we make. Driven by great people and greater talent, ABL is reimagining the next generation of space launches.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
As the ABL Security Lead, you will have a strong sense of ownership, bias for action and can work under pressure to enable ABL's mission. You will be responsible for protecting ABL employees through developing and maintaining security policies and procedures, managing physical security services, and managing the facility clearance (FCL) process. We are looking for a Security Lead who can work effectively in a fast-paced environment and share our passion for space.
- Manage and refine security policies and procedures for all ABL footprints
- Develop new security plans for future ABL footprints
- Manage relationships with security vendors to include security guards and security systems provider
- Develop strategies to ensure compliance with all regulations for all ABL facilities
- Conduct periodic vulnerability assessments and audits
- Manage facility clearance process
- Provide travel, insider threat, and other relevant briefings to employees
- Manage corporate security training
- Assist with security incident investigations
- Manage document classifications program
- 6-9 years’ experience managing a physical security program
- Experience managing security at a company that maintains Facility Security Clearance (FCL) with the US State Department
- Qualified to obtain a security clearance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive security industry or related experience
- CFE, CPP, PSP or equivalent certifications
- Proficiency with MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Office 365)
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as operational needs dictate and be able to travel domestically
- A service-oriented personality, self-motivated, confident, energetic, and flexible
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Critical thinking: ABL employees understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
ABL Space Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with ABL Space Systems is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.