Manager, HR Business Partners
El Segundo, California /
Corporate – Human Resources /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
As the Manager, HR Business Partners you will play a critical role in managing a team of HR Business Partners and operate as a partner to the corporate functions. This role will provide strategic HR guidance, support and expertise to ensure the effective implementation of HR programs and initiatives across the organization. You will partner with leaders and employees to foster a positive work environment, drive employee engagement and support the achievement of ABL goals.
- Lead and manage a small team of HR professionals, providing coaching, guidance, and development opportunities.
- Collaborate with the HR team to develop and implement HR policies, procedures, and programs in alignment with the company's mission, vision, and values.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement within the HR function, promoting best practices and driving innovative solutions.
- Build strong relationships and serve as a trusted advisor to senior leaders and corporate functions, understanding their business objectives and providing strategic HR guidance.
- Partner with stakeholders to identify and address HR-related challenges, developing and implementing effective solutions to support the achievement of business goals.
- Advise on workforce planning, talent acquisition, performance management and other strategic HR initiatives.
- Provide guidance and support to leaders and employees on employee relations matters, ensuring compliance with applicable employment laws and regulations.
- Monitor employee engagement levels, identify trends, and develop strategies to improve employee satisfaction and retention.
- Lead investigations into employee complaints or concerns, ensuring a fair and unbiased process.
- Partner with leaders to develop and implement performance management processes, including performance evaluations and development plans.
- Support leaders in identifying high-potential employees and developing growth plans.
- Provide coaching and guidance to managers on performance management and employee development matters.
- Utilize HR data and analytics to identify trends, measure HR program effectiveness, and make data-driven recommendations.
- Prepare HR reports and metrics to provide insights and inform decision-making at the senior leadership level.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience as an HRBP or HR Manager
- Working experience of HR practices, employment laws, and regulations
- Professional certifications (e.g., SHRM-CP, PHR) are desirable.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred HR experience in the aerospace or technology industry
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with senior leaders and act as a trusted advisor.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Analytical mindset and proficiency in HR analytics and reporting.
- High level of discretion, confidentiality, and ethical conduct.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Critical thinking: ABL employees understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
$124,100 - $175,000 a year
The salary range for this role is $124,100 - $175,000. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.