Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
We build rockets to launch small satellites
ABL Space Systems (ABL) was founded in 2017, by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley, to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. ABL is headquartered in El Segundo, California, where it has more than 30,000 square feet of facilities for research, development, and production. ABL is a privately-owned corporation backed by a premier group of investors.
We are a tight team with big goals. That means we need all hands on deck. At ABL, every person takes ownership of their work, and understands how it impacts our mission. Accessing space doesn’t need to be expensive, complicated, or difficult, and we’re building the systems, CONOPS, and organization to prove it. Our team has come together to pursue mastery of our domains and build something bigger than ourselves. We are proud to serve the people pushing the frontiers of space technology. Our goals are ambitious. The work is challenging. We take a deep personal responsibility for everything we make. Driven by great people and greater talent, ABL is reimagining the next generation of space launches.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
As a Recruiting Manager, you will own the full cycle of recruiting strategy and execution at ABL. You will manage external recruiting resources, prioritize roles internally and hold your own priority roles. You will have the capability to source, screen, interview, and close critical positions at ABL. You will represent the company and its values with professionalism resulting in a positive candidate experience. ABL is a dynamic and fast-paced company, and the hiring priorities can shift, your ability to adapt quickly will make you successful.
- Build and implement a recruiting strategy for teams across the ABL from engineering to manufacturing to corporate roles
- Lead, coach, and develop hiring managers and recruiting team to meet the dynamic demands of a rapidly thriving organization
- Partner with business / functional leaders to execute on their hiring needs and recruit for key roles
- Design an operating model for the team that allows us to be proactive, create process efficiencies and is built to scale
- Implement a holistic talent approach that supports matching the best talent externally to our jobs
- Create unique ways for us to find hard-to-get talent in the marketplace and build diverse pipelines
- Define and measure success through data-driven hiring metrics and goals
- Manage our University recruiting efforts and Intern program strategy
- Research best practices for full life cycle recruitment programs with an eye on diversity and inclusion.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent years of experience
- Previous recruiting experience
- Demonstrable experience in hiring, mentoring, and managing a team of recruiting professionals
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of recruiting experience with 1-2 years or management
- Ability to work with and influence, various parts of the organization (i.e. across function, level, location) and tailor communication based on the audience
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, and extraordinary attention to detail and follow-through
- Stellar organizational skills, working with a strong sense of urgency and possessing the ability to quickly prioritize various top priorities
- Ability to think operationally and develop processes for efficiency
- Broad understanding of general HR requirements
- Strong program management skills designing, assessing, deploying, and optimizing talent sourcing and recruiting campaigns that can scale
- Ability to build effective and hard working teams
- Experience partnering with executives and management within technical and non-technical functions
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
ABL Space Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with ABL Space Systems is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.