Head of Supply Chain
Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
ABL's Head of Supply Chain knows an on-time launch never happens without a strong relationship at every link in the vendor chain.
The Head of Supply Chain is responsible for architecting the network of vendors that feed ABL's production organization, interfacing directly with vendors to asses strengths and build a personal relationships. By gaming multiple "what if" cases, the Head of Supply Chain forms strategies and defenses around critical parts of the chain to protect on-time commitments to ABL's customers. The Head of Supply Chain will make sure supply chain considerations are well understood throughout the design phase of vehicle development.
- Work with design engineers to find the appropriate vendors for parts and assemblies
- Interface with vendors to assess their strengths, weaknesses and viability
- Map the supply chain and clearly define lead times, costs and risks (to include software selection for the task)
- Identify supply chain constraints and work with design engineers to optimize the vehicle for the supply chain
- Recruit and build the overall supply chain team
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years experience setting up and managing complex supply chains
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 10+ years working in supply chain management
- Leadership experience running a commercial supply chain with 5+ direct reports
- Experience with machining operations commonly utilized with aerospace components (multi-axis CNC, EDM, plating, forgings, sheet metal, fasteners, harnessing)
- Engineering experience
- Technical writing
- Experience standing up a supply chain from a blank slate and comfort with ambiguous project scope
What We Look For
- 1. Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the "why" behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes.
- 2. Ability to deal with ambiguity: there is no roadmap and ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective.
- 3. End-to-end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight; there is no one to pick up the slack of partially complete work.
The Head of Supply Chain must be willing to travel to vendors to develop relationships and assess viability.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.