Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
El Segundo, CA, United States
We build rockets to launch small satellites
ABL Space Systems (ABL) was founded in 2017, by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley, to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. ABL is headquartered in El Segundo, California, where it has more than 30,000 square feet of facilities for research, development, and production. ABL is a privately-owned corporation backed by a premier group of investors.
We are a tight team with big goals. That means we need all hands on deck. At ABL, every person takes ownership of their work, and understands how it impacts our mission. Accessing space doesn’t need to be expensive, complicated, or difficult, and we’re building the systems, CONOPS, and organization to prove it. Our team has come together to pursue mastery of our domains and build something bigger than ourselves. We are proud to serve the people pushing the frontiers of space technology. Our goals are ambitious. The work is challenging. We take a deep personal responsibility for everything we make. Driven by great people and greater talent, ABL is reimagining the next generation of space launches.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
As a Technical Recruiter, you will own the full cycle of recruiting strategy and execution at ABL. You will source, screen, interview, close, and onboard to fill critical positions at ABL. As you will be the first contact to candidates, representing the company and its values with professionalism resulting the positive candidate experience.
ABL is a dynamic and fast-paced company, and the hiring priorities can shift, your ability to adapt quickly will make you successful.
- Own the full recruiting process - source, screen, interview, close, and onboard to fill critical positions (Technical and Non-technical)
- Partner with hiring managers to develop the efficient and effective hiring strategy for the openings
- Guide the manager for creating the job description, give and receive interview feedback, and develop the long-term success of candidates, once hired at ABL
- Manage active and passive candidates from sourcing to maintaining ATS (Lever)
- Track progress of all open requisitions, and provide reporting to the hiring team and leaders, as needed
- Provide positive candidate experience during informative tours of ABL, and facilitate interview schedules
- Collaborate with HR teams to initiate background checks, reference checks, preparing the compensation packages, and issue the new hire paperwork
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of professional experience in full cycle recruiting from sourcing to onboarding
- Experience with in-house recruiting
- Experience hiring engineering roles
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of professional recruiting experience in technology and/or aerospace industry
- Showcase proven track record of success recruiting and hiring top engineering talents in a competitive environment
- Demonstrated expertise in non-standard recruiting and sourcing methods: organize and execute networking events, identify, and engage with industry experts, develop unique targeted sourcing campaigns, etc.
- Ability to build trust-based relationships with hiring managers and candidates
- Ability to accurately present candidates to hiring managers; influence decisions by acting as the subject matter expert on talent
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a dynamic and ambiguous environment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and video conferencing
- The employee will typically work in an office environment, but the job might require traveling for a recruiting and hiring events
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
ABL Space Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with ABL Space Systems is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.