Los Angeles, California /
Corporate – Human Resources /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
ABL is looking for a Recruiter to join the quickly growing HR team in El Segundo. As our first Recruiter, this role is a unique opportunity for you to elevate the recruiting program at ABL. The ideal applicate brings their experience in sourcing, screening, interviewing, and closing candidates, as well as a passion for developing thoughtful hiring programs. As a primary contact for candidates, you will need to represent the company and its values with professionalism and a focus on candidate experience. ABL is a dynamic, fast-paced company with shifting priorities, so your ability to adapt while continuing to be an effective partner will be key to success in this role.
- Full cycle recruiting - source, screen, interview, and close critical positions (Technical and Non-technical)
- Provide a positive candidate experience throughout the candidate lifecycle
- Partner with hiring managers to develop efficient and effective hiring strategies
- Provide guidance across recruiting topics (creating job descriptions, interview best practices, feedback)
- Manage active and passive candidates from sourcing within ATS
- Track progress of all open requisitions, and provide data analysis and reporting to the hiring team and leaders, as needed
- Collaborate with the HR team to initiate background checks, reference checks, prepare compensation packages, and issue new hire paperwork
- Manage University recruiting efforts and Intern program strategy
- Partner with the HR team and organization on ad hoc recruiting programs and strategy
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of professional experience in full cycle recruiting from sourcing to onboarding
- Experience with in-house recruiting
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of professional recruiting experience in technology and/or aerospace industry
- Proven track record of success recruiting and hiring talent in a competitive environment
- Experience hiring engineering roles
- Demonstrated expertise in non-standard recruiting and sourcing methods: organize and execute networking events, identify, and engage with industry experts, develop unique targeted sourcing campaigns, etc.
- Ability to build trusting relationships with hiring managers and candidates
- Ability to accurately present candidates to hiring managers; influence decisions by acting as the subject matter expert on talent
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a dynamic and ambiguous environment
- High EQ and interpersonal skills, and strong attention to detail and follow-through
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.