El Segundo, California /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
NDT Level II
As an NDT technician, you will be responsible for performing inspection of all critical welds on the vehicle and ground support equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, primary structure welds, tube welds, launch stool welds, and tooling and test equipment welds. You will be driving the reliability and safety of weldments and fabricated parts across the company. You will work closely with engineering to write Inspection plans, develop Inspection processes, and certify Inspection techniques. We are looking for personnel experienced In PT (Penetrant Testing) and PAUT (Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing), who have achieved a level II or greater certification. Candidates should thrive in a fast-paced environment and take ownership of their work. This role also will require some travel to the various sites that ABL Space Systems occupies. This is a role that contributes to ABL's goal of providing rapid and reliable access to space.
- Partner with engineering to develop Inspection processes and procedures
- Contribute to standards used across future products
- Manage scheduling of NDT work, and consumables needed during Inspections
- Evaluate quality of welds per engineering documents
- Deliver accurate, concise, timely Inspection reports to relevant parties
- Participate in continuous Improvement of Inspection methodologies
- Support build teams and engineering in root cause analysis discussions as needed
- Level II certification In Penetrant Testing operations
- Level II certification In Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing operations
- 5+ years’ experience working in the aerospace industry in general
- 2+ years working as an NDT Level II
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Level III certification In Penetrant Testing operations
- Level III certification In Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing operations
- Level III certification In Radiographic Testing Operations
- Experience working as a Quality Assurance Technician (dimensional Inspection)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 pounds with reasonable accommodations
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
The hourly rate for this role is $23 - $38.40. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.