Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
We build rockets to launch small satellites
ABL Space Systems (ABL) was founded in 2017, by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley, to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. ABL is headquartered in El Segundo, California, where it has more than 30,000 square feet of facilities for research, development, and production. ABL is a privately-owned corporation backed by a premier group of investors.
We are a tight team with big goals. That means we need all hands on deck. At ABL, every person takes ownership of their work, and understands how it impacts our mission. Accessing space doesn’t need to be expensive, complicated, or difficult, and we’re building the systems, CONOPS, and organization to prove it. Our team has come together to pursue mastery of our domains and build something bigger than ourselves. We are proud to serve the people pushing the frontiers of space technology. Our goals are ambitious. The work is challenging. We take a deep personal responsibility for everything we make. Driven by great people and greater talent, ABL is reimagining the next generation of space launches.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
As a Buyer, you will be responsible for interfacing with internal customers and external vendors by performing procurement duties, ensuring timely order fulfillment and managing key vendors. You will be developing sourcing strategies and strategic partnerships with key vendors to aid in reducing overall cost and lead time to help us attain our goal of being the premier rapid deployment small-sat launch service provider. We are looking for self-starters who thrive in an ambiguous environment under the mentorship of the Senior Buyer. This role will have a tangible impact on vehicle deliveries and meeting manifested launch dates. There is tremendous opportunity for growth with new challenges every day as we scale to meet our increasing launch manifest
- Issue purchase orders accurately and quickly
- Drive critical delivery dates and ensure timely fulfillment
- Identify and develop strategic relationships with key vendors
- Expedite parts as necessary
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal stakeholders
- Think outside of the box and recommend process/system changes to streamline workflow
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, engineering or a similar technical discipline or experience working in a fast-moving production environment
- Familiarity with ERP software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree In Industrial Engineering with coursework in lean manufacturing and process Improvement
- APICS certification
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Ability to read drawings and blueprints and understand manufacturing complexity
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
ABL Space Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with ABL Space Systems is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.