Senior Product Manager
El Segundo, California /
Engineering – Application Software /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
Senior Product Manager
ABL's Product Team is responsible for setting the direction and driving the development of our internal software systems used to rapidly scale our business and simplify processes to design, build, test, and launch rockets. In this role, you will work directly with software engineers, key stakeholders, and end users to synthesize diverse input streams and facilitate the full spectrum of tasks involved in building and supporting critical software.
- Assist the Head of Product to define and communicate product strategy, vision, and roadmaps to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Lead business stakeholder sessions and drive cross functional teams to identify their pain points and derive simple solutions to solve their issues
- Write clear and concise product requirements that capture the vision, goals, and key elements of new applications and features
- Work closely with software engineers, product designers, and other product managers to create meaningful, powerful, and high quality solutions
- Observe how the overall team is functioning and provide guidance and support to improve internal processes to increase team efficiency
- Provide project management skills to properly set and manage expectations and assure solution delivery
- Analyze the impact, usage, and adoption of features to confirm they had the right effect on the business, and if not, make corrective actions to ensure it meets the required success criteria
- Create and maintain help documentation to support and guide users on how to use our software effectively
- Prioritize a backlog of bugs and feature enhancements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar discipline
- Minimum of 8 years of experience operating as a software product manager, technical product manager, business systems analyst, or software engineer
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrate both analytical and technical capability by collecting and analyzing data from a variety of sources to inform product decisions
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to create original and creative solutions.
- Exhibit a bias towards action and experimentation
- 3+ years experience in ERP and related systems development or implementation including but not limited to Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Warehouse Management System (WMS), Quality Management and Execution Systems (QMS & QES), Supply Chain, and Financial Systems
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, with an ability to connect with a wide range of team members and job functions across different levels of the organization
- Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Ability to drive results in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Proven track record of leading/influencing cross functional groups, defining, documenting, and deploying process change and associated systems capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs, and evaluate new opportunities
- Able to create wireframes and storyboards using industry standard tools
- Proficient at effective datamodel design that both support technical implementation and business needs
- Proficient at writing SQL queries to analyze data, and create custom reports/dashboards if needed
- Experience creating reports and dashboards with data platforms such as Tableau or PowerBI
What We Look For:
- Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the "why" behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to-end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight; there is no one to pick up the slack of partially complete work
$145,000 - $210,000 a year
The salary range for this role is $145,000 - $210,000. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.