Environmental Test Technician
Los Angeles, California /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
- Work with design engineers to develop and document test procedures.
- Must have a wide knowledge of test equipment and specialized test setups.
- Work with design engineers to troubleshoot failures.
- Perform test and record results.
- Program and operate environmental test chambers.
- Program and operate electro-dynamic test shakers.
- Must be knowledgeable in vibration control software.
- Assist with area efficiency and 5S improvement projects.
- Responsible for some preventative maintenance.
- Use of mechanical hand tools and torque wrenches to setup test fixtures.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in test procedure development or manufacturing /production environment.
- Experience with thermal vacuum testing.
- Experience with vibration and shock testing.
- Some experience in space, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environments.
- Software skills LabVIEW or Python desired.
- Experience with pneumatic, pressure test setups.
- Must be able to work overtime and /or weekends as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.