Teamcenter System Administrator
Los Angeles, California /
Engineering – Application Software /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
Teamcenter System Administrator
ABL’s Teamcenter System Administrator reports to the Head of Manufacturing Systems and directly supports ABL's engineering community in their efforts to design, configure, and release everything from small components to our RS1 (launch vehicle) and GS0 (deployable ground system) designs.
In this role, the administrator will bring the current Teamcenter and NX implementation to the next level as ABL pushes towards its first rocket launch.
- Administration of Teamcenter and NX, including installation, configuration, patching, license management, Teamcenter/NX integration, web tier/pool manager, FMS, Teamcenter security services, dispatcher services, rich client, and active workspace
- Support administration of NX/TC-adjacent systems, including CAM software (MasterCAM) and inspection software (InspectionXpert)
- Actively monitor and continuously improve the production environment to ensure optimal performance, reliability, and scalability
- Develop and deploy new features, release workflows, and BMIDE updates to a production environment with minimal downtime
- Implement and maintain non-production Teamcenter environments (development and test)
- Support users daily needs and serve as ABL's expert to troubleshoot and resolve critical and/or systemic production issues
- Clearly understand and articulate the needs of the ABL user community and address common problems and pain points while driving towards ABL's long-term goals
- Integrate Teamcenter with in-house enterprise systems to improve company production workflows
- Create and maintain system and user documentation with engineering subject matter experts
- 3+ years of professional experience working in the Teamcenter and NX environment with a strong admin and user support skillset.
- Able to quickly evaluate, learn, and apply new technologies as appropriate
- Strong focus on the end-user and the actual business problems
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Expertise in Teamcenter Workflows, Organization, TC Visualization, and Structure Manager
- Has built new workflows from scratch, including multiple paths, loops, automatic dataset generation, and detection of bespoke BMIDE properties
- Managing templates, PAX files, KRX files, material libraries, tubing stock, and hole standards
- Experience with Active Workspace, Solr Engine, IIS
- Working experience with the Teamcenter API
- Working knowledge of Oracle or comparable Relational Database Management Systems
- Proficient in SQL
What We Look For
- Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the "why" behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective.
- End-to-end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight; there is no one to pick up the slack of partially complete work.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.