NX Application Developer
El Segundo, California /
Engineering – Application Software /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
NX Application Developer
ABL’s NX Application Developer directly supports ABL's engineering community in their efforts to design, configure, and release everything from small components to our RS1 (launch vehicle) and GS0 (deployable ground system) designs.
In this role, the developer will bring the current NX implementation to the next level as ABL pushes towards its first rocket launch.
- Understand and analyze customers NX automation requirements.
- Architect, develop, test, and implement the NX custom applications.
- Independently manage releases and delivery to customer.
- Demonstrate high level of team integrity and professionalism to meet customer satisfaction in terms of scope, time, cost, and quality expectations.
- Clearly understand and articulate the needs of the ABL user community and address common problems and pain points while driving towards ABL's long-term goals
- Integrate NX with in-house enterprise systems to improve company production workflows
- Create and maintain system and user documentation with engineering subject matter experts
- 3+ years of professional experience working in NX Open API Programming languages C/C++, Visual Basic, and Python, Knowledge Fusion, Check-Mate, Menuscript, SNAP (VB.Net), and Block UI Styler.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in NX custom application development using Microsoft Visual Studio is essential.
- Experience in NX Modeling, Assembly, and Drafting
- Able to quickly evaluate, learn, and apply new technologies as appropriate
- Strong focus on the end-user and the actual business problems
- Expertise user level knowledge in Teamcenter.
- Experience in NX Routing.
- Experience in Source Control Management tools like Git or Subversion.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the "why" behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective.
- End-to-end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight; there is no one to pick up the slack of partially complete work.
The salary range for this role is $75,000 - $130,000. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.