Precision Quality Inspector
Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
ABL Precision Quality Inspector ensures that critical hardware meets the requirements specified on blueprints before they are integrated into the launch vehicle and test articles.
Precision Quality Inspectors receive machined parts from internal and external machine shops, devise and execute an inspection plan, and document the results, including any possible nonconformances. Their diligence prevents subpar hardware from compromising tests and launches.
- Use tools, gauges, and CMMs to inspect in-house fabricated parts
- Document results and write inspection reports
- Generates non-conformance reports as needed
- Work with engineers to identify features that will improve the inspection process
- Assist with manufacturing in-process inspection and provide feedback on how to reduce scrap rate
- Provide feedback on how to improve inspection capability and workflows
- Responsible for maintaining a professional and neat work area
- Performs work according to procedures, specifications and test instructions
- Maintains equipment and calibration certificates
- Can read and interpret engineering drawings, including Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Proficient in inspection tools including: calipers, OD micrometers, ID micrometers, height gauges, dial gauges, pin gauges, thread gauges
- Can setup fixtures to measure flatness, straightness, total indicated run-out, and similar
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience operating Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM)
- Can identify needs and onboard additional inspection capabilities and capacity
- Holds certifications to perform nondestructive testing (NDT) and inspection
- Must be able to stand for extended periods
- Physically able to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 30lbs (unassisted)
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.