Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
We build rockets to launch small satellites.
ABL Space Systems (ABL) was founded in 2017, by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley, to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. ABL is headquartered in El Segundo, California, where it has more than 30,000 square feet of facilities for research, development, and production. ABL is a privately-owned corporation backed by a premier group of investors.
At ABL we embrace:
· Revolutionary Simplicity
· Extreme Efficiency, Everywhere
· The Ability to Launch Rapidly, from Anywhere
· All Mission Types, All the Time
We are a tight team with big goals. That means we need all hands-on deck. At ABL, every person takes ownership of their work, and understands how it impacts our mission. Accessing space doesn’t need to be expensive, complicated, or difficult, and we’re building the systems, CONOPS, and organization to prove it. Our team has come together to pursue mastery of our domains and build something bigger than ourselves. We are proud to serve the people pushing the frontiers of space technology. Our goals are ambitious. The work is challenging. We take a deep personal responsibility for everything we make. Driven by great people and greater talent, ABL is reimagining the next generation of space launches.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side.
As a Site Coordinator you will have a strong sense of ownership, bias for action, and be able to work accurately when under pressure to meet tight deadlines. You will be responsible for launch and test site calendars, site activation projects, site upkeep, and employee benefits at the sites. You will partner closely with vendors, technicians, and engineers to complete site activations and ongoing deployments. You will part of a very fast-paced team, entrusted to a wide range of unsupervised decisions affecting the prioritization, importance, and speed of business at ABL.
- Coordinate deliveries, manage schedules, make appointments, manage expense reports, and provide other general assistance as required
- Serve as a liaison for external partners and internal teams for scheduling.
- Manage quality of life for employees at the launch & test sites, identifying and implementing projects intended to ease deployed life
- Assist the site manager on long-term projects and strategic initiatives.
- Ensure communications are clear, thorough, and specific, with attention to follow-through.
- Exhibit a strong attention to detail, ability to adapt to daily schedules and routines, and a focus on efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- Provide project management and maintain momentum on high-priority projects.
- 2+ years level administrative support experience
- 2+ years facilities or construction experience
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office
- Agility and flexibility in response to changing priorities and needs
- Solution-oriented with good judgment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- The ability to handle confidential material with the utmost discretion
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Facility maintenance or construction management experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Experience using JIRA, CRM software, and/or other project management systems
- Familiarity or experience with the aerospace industry
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time, often times in adverse weather and temperatures at sites
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in both office environments and deployed locations
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
ABL Space Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with ABL Space Systems is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.