Senior Automated Test Engineer
Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
ABL's Sr Automated Test Engineers design and operate the test systems for development and verification of rocket hardware, creating robust machines that just work, from ground operations through propellant load through to engine hotfire.
From propellant loading and management, pressurant, fluid and test stand control, and pneumatics to engine systems, the Automated Test Engineer's scope is broad and multi-disciplinary. Good Automated Test Engineers recognize that their ownership of a systems is fully inclusive - they are responsible for dreaming, designing, developing, building, activating, and operating their automated test systems.
- Develop and support automated test equipment for production and test of rocket launch systems.
- Responsible for managing test equipment to support safe and effective integration and test operations.
- Participate with cross functional teams on continuous improvement initiates, automation activities, production testing and the resolution of manufacturing issues. Cross functional groups including Design Engineering, Supplier Mgmt, Supply Chain, and Operations.
- Collaborate with product designers/developers to embed production tests within product diagnostics: Recommending improvements, proposing solutions, and establishing test requirements.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to ensure process problems are resolved based on sound engineering concepts.
- Drive continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes: first pass yields, productivity, and costs.
- Technical support for global production sites.
Near Term Responsibilities
- Support deployment, configuration, and operations of our launch operations technology environment
- Point person for our audio and video system provisioning, troubleshooting, and upgrades
- Responsible for Launch and Test Operations technology support through documentation, ticketing, escalation and problem resolution
- BS/MS degree in a technical discipline, preferably in Computer, Electrical or Mechanical.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in operations, engineering, product development.
- ISO 9001, ISO 13485, GMP, DO-178, or other highly regulated industries experience
- Experience supporting complex electromechanical assemblies/instrumentation, preferably in the industrial, aerospace, or oil and gas industries.
- PC Based Test Equipment
- A/D, D/A, amplifiers and related circuit
- LabVIEW programming
- DAQ system
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with 1588 PTP time sync networks
- Experience with hazardous operations support, technology, and real-time operating systems
- Skilled at debugging issues across multiple layers in a complex system
What We Look For
- 1. Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the "why" behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes.
- 2. Ability to deal with ambiguity: there is no roadmap and ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective.
- 3. End-to-end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight; there is no one to pick up the slack of partially complete work.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.