Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
The Senior Accountant will hold key responsibilities on the accounting team and play a crucial role in supporting our monthly, quarterly, and annual close procedures.
The Staff Accountant is an internal role that reports directly to the Head of Accounting. We are looking for someone with a passion for accounting and willingness to grow within the department. Ambitious and curious, the ideal candidate will feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment while researching the latest accounting and compliance standards.
- Manage asset and liability accounting schedules, own monthly close process
- Manage Fixed Assets including depreciation schedules, tracking of assets, and collecting all related supporting documentation
- Propose monthly, quarterly, and annual journal entries including any adjusting or reconciling entries
- Experience with ASC 606 revenue recognition
- Experience with ASC 842 lease accounting; manage current and future lease schedules
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits
- Work closely with the Head of Accounting to develop internal controls and procedures
- Responsible for communicating and enforcing company policy across all departments and functions
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Assisting the Head of Accounting as needed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university; Accounting degree preferred
- 3-6 years of accounting experience
- ASC 606, ASC 842 experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; strong excel skills (Pivot tables, Vlookup, IF statements)
- Strong knowledge GAAP accounting
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Prior experience in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Manufacturing and/ or inventory experience
- Experience with public company accounting procedures
- CPA or working towards CPA
What We Look For
- 1. Critical thinking: ABL employees understand the "why" behind all decisions, operational events and outcomes.
- 2. Ability to deal with ambiguity: there is not always a roadmap and ABL employees must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective.
- 3. End-to-end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete; there is no one to pick up the slack of partially complete work.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.