El Segundo, California /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
As a EHS Technician, you will be responsible for maintaining EHS compliance and supporting production and operations In El Segundo and Long Beach (POLB) as well as launch and test support as needed in Mojave, CA. You will be driving safety culture through relationship development across production and operations personnel which includes but is not limited to managers, front-line leaders, engineers, and technicians. We are looking for an EHS Technician, who enjoys problem solving, thinking outside the box to cultivate solutions, and can work effectively in a fast-paced environment and share our passion for building a successful safety culture from the ground up.
- Partner with production and operations by engaging daily within the production meetings and building relationships with personnel
- Perform hands-on training as needed which Includes but Is not limited to respiratory protection training, fall protection training, confined space and other various EHS related training
- Develop relationships by being on the shop floor performing Inspections and being a resource for production needs
- Review and help close out EHS related upkeep Items with facilities
- Review EHS related concerns and field daily responses for EHS to review weekly
- Ensure that required PPE Is stocked and maintained correctly, ordering new PPE for high hazard tasks as necessary
- Assist EHS Specialists with the implementation and enforcement of the company’s safety policies and programs
- Ensures that all chemicals stored within lockers are compatible and that out of date hazardous chemicals are promptly removed
- Join and lead Emergency Response Team at our California sites
- Participates in various EHS committees such as Safety stand downs, Emergency Response Team, etc. as assigned
- Perform daily EHS inspections of various operations ensure that departments are following EHS guidance and requirements
- Help departments close out EHS inspection findings and address concerns proactively
- Support Launch and Development operations as needed in Mojave
- Performs weekly pressurized operations inspections when test and operations are being performed to ensure all procedures requirements are being followed
- Review Confined Space permits and LOTO procedures for auditing purposes when tasks are being performed by operations
- 2+ years of EHS experience in manufacturing or operations
- Has experience working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High tolerance of change and willingness to help others navigate changing work environments.
- Strong teamwork and excellent communication skills
- Experience with aerospace Industry
- Forklift operator certified
- Previous DOT and RCRA certification
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Critical thinking: ABL employees understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events, and test outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL employees must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to walk 60-70% of job duties
- Ability to lift 50 pounds with reasonable accommodations
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time or as needed.
- Ability to stand and/or walk, climb stairs and ladders, twist/bend upper body.
The hourly rate for this role is $26 - $34.60. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.