Los Angeles, California /
Corporate – Information Technology /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
- Consults with users and evaluate requirements, recommends designs, provides cost analyses, plans projects, and coordinates tasks for installation of data networks.
- Determines plan layout for new hardware or modifications to existing layout.
- Installs, upgrades, and configures network printing, directory structures, user access, security, software, and file services.
- Analyses and resolves technical problems for established networks.
- Plans, tests, recommends, and implements network, files server, mainframes, and workstation hardware and software.
- Provides network documentation, training, and guidance to computing system clients and programmers.
- Conducts technical research on network upgrades and components to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system.
- Recommends network solutions for short-, medium-, and long-range network projects.
- Serves as technical specialist in network problems and emergencies.
- Provides tier 2 and 3 support by troubleshooting and resolving network production problems.
- Installs, configures, and maintains network components.
- Establishes user profiles, user environments, directories, and security for networks being installed.
- Works as a team member with other technical staff, such as systems to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Works with vendors to resolve complex network problems.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored, or accessed by the network.
- Documents network problems and resolutions for future reference
- As needed, relocates technical equipment to and from an assigned location
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Networking, or related field; with minimum 7 years of experience in networking environments or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Microsoft and Cisco certifications with an emphasis on desktop, network, and server support are preferred.
- Certifications in NET+, A+, N+, MCSA, CCNA, JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, MOUS, CCIE, MCP Cisco and MCSE.
- Experience working with Juniper and Ubiquiti nodes.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events, and test outcomes.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.