Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
We build rockets to launch small satellites
ABL Space Systems (ABL) was founded in 2017, by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley, to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. ABL is headquartered in El Segundo, California, where it has more than 30,000 square feet of facilities for research, development, and production. ABL is a privately-owned corporation backed by a premier group of investors.
We are a tight team with big goals. That means we need all hands-on deck. At ABL, every person takes ownership of their work, and understands how it impacts our mission. Accessing space doesn’t need to be expensive, complicated, or difficult, and we’re building the systems, CONOPS, and organization to prove it. Our team has come together to pursue mastery of our domains and build something bigger than ourselves. We are proud to serve the people pushing the frontiers of space technology. Our goals are ambitious. The work is challenging. We take a deep personal responsibility for everything we make. Driven by great people and greater talent, ABL is reimagining the next generation of space launches.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
- Consults with users and evaluate requirements, recommends designs, provides cost analyses, plans projects, and coordinates tasks for installation of data networks.
- Determines plan layout for new hardware or modifications to existing layout.
- Installs, upgrades, and configures network printing, directory structures, user access, security, software, and file services.
- Analyses and resolves technical problems for established networks.
- Plans, tests, recommends, and implements network, files server, mainframes, and workstation hardware and software.
- Provides network documentation, training, and guidance to computing system clients and programmers.
- Conducts technical research on network upgrades and components to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system.
- Recommends network solutions for short-, medium-, and long-range network projects.
- Serves as technical specialist in network problems and emergencies.
- Provides tier 2 and 3 support by troubleshooting and resolving network production problems.
- Installs, configures, and maintains network components.
- Establishes user profiles, user environments, directories, and security for networks being installed.
- Works as a team member with other technical staff, such as systems to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Works with vendors to resolve complex network problems.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored, or accessed by the network.
- Documents network problems and resolutions for future reference
- As needed, relocates technical equipment to and from an assigned location
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Networking, or related field; with minimum 7 years of experience in networking environments or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Microsoft and Cisco certifications with an emphasis on desktop, network, and server support are preferred.
- Certifications in NET+, A+, N+, MCSA, CCNA, JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, MOUS, CCIE, MCP Cisco and MCSE.
- Experience working with Juniper and Ubiquiti nodes.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events, and test outcomes.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
ABL Space Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with ABL Space Systems is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.