El Segundo, California /
Corporate – Mission Operations /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
As a Program Manager, you will manage ABL’s multidisciplinary programs by successfully executing contracts for both Government and Commercial customers. You will have the opportunity to regularly work directly with ABL’s customers as well as the internal engineering team to deliver on contractual milestones such as reviews, manufacturing, and testing/operational activities. You will also provide technical support on business proposals, maintain program schedules, and provide risk analysis. We are looking for team members who enjoy a variety of challenges, can communicate effectively, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and share our passion for producing quality work on-time and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Support business development in technical customer interchanges and proposal writing
- Manage contractual deliverables from contract signing through final product delivery
- Successfully build and manage customer relationships and communications
- Develop and maintain program schedules, and continually track progress against target dates
- Create risk mitigation plans to maintain program schedule
- Coordinate and conduct internal- and external-facing program reviews
- Serve as a primary point of contact for ABL customers, including hosting meetings and regular progress reporting
- Plan and oversee milestone activities
- Use company tools to manage tasks, reviews, and schedules – for example, JIRA and Confluence
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field
- 3+ years prior engineering experience in a related field such as systems engineering or project/program management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage tasks and collaborate effectively with cross-departmental teams
- Able to understand and learn a broad range of technical concepts
- Willingness to work extended hours to meet milestones and deadlines
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time for customer-related activities
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge in requirements management tools (JAMA, DOORS, Jira, or similar) and best practices
- Demonstrated track record with space-related projects on rapid development schedules
- P.M.P certification
- Experience working with external customers, including the U.S. Government
- Prior hands-on experience on a technical project
- Active security clearance, or willingness to obtain one
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
The salary range for this role is $75,000 - $130,000. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.