CNC Programmer and Machinist
Los Angeles, California /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
We are looking for an experienced CNC Lathe Programmer and Machinist to manufacture development parts for a satellite launch vehicle. We seek team members who have an ability to think critically when programming and machining to improve hardware designs and manufacturing processes.
We manufacturing parts both from billet material and from additively manufactured parts
- Stainless steel
The types of machines that we utilize are
- Haas 5 axis mill
- Haas 5 axis lathe
- Manual mill and lathe
- Electrical Discharge Machine (EDM)
- Prepare and program CNC machines
- Design and machine custom tooling & fixtures
- Review models, drawings, and CNC CAD CAM files to provide input to design for manufacturability
- Perform first article inspection
- 5+ years of CNC lathe programming and machining experience
- Strong working knowledge of Mastercam
- Strong math skills to include trigonometry
- Working knowledge of GD & T
- Familiarity with inspection tools
- High school diploma or GED
- Strong oral and written communication
- Experienced with Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with ISO and AS9100D
- Relevant programming and machining coursework
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.