CNC Programmer and Machinist
Los Angeles, California /
ABL Space Systems /
We are looking for an experienced CNC Lathe Programmer and Machinist to manufacture development parts for a satellite launch vehicle. We seek team members who have an ability to think critically when programming and machining to improve hardware designs and manufacturing processes. We manufacture parts from the following materials.
We manufacturing parts both from billet material and from additively manufactured parts:
- Aluminum: 2000, 6000 and 7000 series
- Inconel: 718 and 625
- Stainless steels: 300 series, 15-5 and 17-5.
The types of machines that we utilize are:
- Haas ST Series with Y-axis (live tooling)
- Manual Lathes
This position includes the full end-to-end manufacturing process, including:
- Interfacing with design engineers during review processes to ensure parts are easily manufacturable
- Programming tool paths in MasterCam or similar
- Verifying tool paths with Vericut or similar
- Running machines
- Helping to select and activate new machining capabilities
- 5+ years of CNC lathe programming and machining experience
- Experience with all materials outlined in job description
- 5+ years of CNC lathe live tooling, including milling and drilling features
- Leadership experience managing and running machine shops and teams of machinists and programmers
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.