Los Angeles, California /
Engineering – Hardware Engineering /
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
As the Buyer, you will have a strong sense of ownership, bias for action, and be able to work accurately when under pressure to meet tight deadlines. You will be responsible for a wide range of activities including the support of new vendor onboarding, generating, and revising purchase orders, assisting with complex and strategic procurements, and maintaining accurate status and documentation. You will part of a very fast-paced team, entrusted to a wide range of unsupervised decisions affecting the prioritization, importance, and speed of business at ABL.
- Support new vendor onboarding for production and engineering teams
- Coordinate with Legal to provide accurate vendor information
- Generate and revise purchase orders to ensure timely approval
- Assist the executive team on long-term projects and strategic procurements
- Develop and maintain comprehensive and accurate documentation and tracking systems
- Perform potentially confidential and complex administrative duties including, drafting, and sending emails, creating/updating spreadsheets, and compiling presentations
- Provide general project management support and maintain momentum on high-priority projects across
- Ensure communications are clear, thorough, and specific, with attention to follow-through.
- Exhibit a strong attention to detail, ability to adapt to daily schedules and routines, and a focus on efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- 3+ years vendor management, purchasing, and project support experience
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office
- Agility and flexibility in response to changing priorities and needs
- Solution-oriented with good judgment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- The ability to handle confidential material with the utmost discretion
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Experience using JIRA, CRM software, and/or other project management systems
- Familiarity or experience with the aerospace or manufacturing industry
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Critical thinking: ABL employees understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events, and test outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL employees must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to end ownership: Your projects are delivered fully complete and ready to execute
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.